Windows 10: Current Windows Update causes Misleading:Win32/Lodi flagging System Mechanic software

Discus and support Current Windows Update causes Misleading:Win32/Lodi flagging System Mechanic software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Misleading:Win32/Lodi is detected by Microsoft Defender Antivirus for my System Mechanic software. This did not occur before I applied this latest... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KathyBatchelor1, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Current Windows Update causes Misleading:Win32/Lodi flagging System Mechanic software

Misleading:Win32/Lodi is detected by Microsoft Defender Antivirus for my System Mechanic software. This did not occur before I applied this latest update. I see that other software like CC Cleaner are also being flagging. This is an issue that Microsoft needs to address. Running scans using multiple products shows no malware on the system. I expect some kind of fix to this instead of identifying these files as PUS and having to over-ride the error. Has anyone else had this ? It did not flag Malwarebytes of Webroot so I'm thinking it's something with System Mechanic files. Any help here ?

:)

KathyBatchelor1, Jul 31, 2020

2. Misleading: Win32/Lodi

MSERT only partially removes Misleading: Win32?Lodi. How do I get rid of it, entirely?

DR. SHELDON S.ELLIS, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Misleading: Win32/Lodi

Hi DR,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

As a first step, run Malwarebytes:

Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Home and Business

Also, consider running a full offline scan using Windows Defender Offline or ESET Sysrescue scanner

ESET SysRescue

Disclaimer:

There are links to non-Microsoft websites which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the websites which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers
    as they do more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 31, 2020
  4. Current Windows Update causes Misleading:Win32/Lodi flagging System Mechanic software

Misleading: Win32/Lodi

Hi DR.

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Click Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Look through the list for any entries for suspicious software installed

Select it then click uninstall

Reset all your web browsers to their original factors state

In Microsoft Edge - Click Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Edge

Select it, click Advanced options > Reset

Reset Chrome settings to default - Google Chrome Help

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/329621...

Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings - Mozilla Support

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-fi...

Use Malwarebytes to scan and clean the computer.

Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Home and Business | Malwarebytes

Also use ESET Sysrescue offline scanner to scan and clean the computer, see instructions in the following article:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clean-virus-in...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Current Windows Update causes Misleading:Win32/Lodi flagging System Mechanic software

1. Current Windows Update causes Misleading:Win32/Lodi flagging System Mechanic software - Similar Threads - Current Update causes

2. Windows defender finds a threat Win32/lodi with IObit uninstaller saying "the program...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender finds a threat Win32/lodi with IObit uninstaller saying "the program...: Hi,Windows Defender keeps deleting this program and this is the Pro version of IObit Uninstaller. The problem seems to have started toward the end of April, and Defender deleted the program already 4 times. I am not sure what is happening as I have used IObit uninstaller for...
  3. Our companies application is flagged by Microsoft Defender as Misleading:Win32/Lodi. How to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Our companies application is flagged by Microsoft Defender as Misleading:Win32/Lodi. How to...: Hello,Our software is being flagged by Microsoft Defender as a false positive. It makes it very hard for our users to install and trust the application. Realtime protection slows the application start by a lot. The sad part is that we tried contacting the Microsoft Support...
  4. Misleading System Requirements

Misleading System Requirements: I just buy this minecraft and it state that it is indeed for minecraft windows 10 because of windows 10 system requirement. But when i buy it, it is not for windows 10 it is for xbox. Why your system req are mislead customers?[ATTACH]...
  5. System Mechanic app

System Mechanic app: Why can't I access my System Mechanic app that I have used for years? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic-app/24f293dd-84f8-4376-a290-f1e05f485777
  6. Supposed threat Misleading WIn32/Lodi

Supposed threat Misleading WIn32/Lodi: I have Windows 10. Windows defender has recently told me that it has detected a threat and gives this message, "Misleading WIn32/Lodi " However it associates the threat with Optimizer programs that I recently purchased from Ashampoo; a reputable company. IT has removed the...
  7. system mechanic

system mechanic: System Mechanic has disappeared from my system. It is paid through 01/04/2022. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/6032535b-b9c2-4223-a835-0ce9353f0738
  8. WINDOWS DEFENDER INDICATED I HAD ALLOWED MISLEADING WIN32/LODI TO RUN

WINDOWS DEFENDER INDICATED I HAD ALLOWED MISLEADING WIN32/LODI TO RUN: WINDOWS DEFENDERI'M RUNNING WINDOWS 10 INDICATED I HAD ALLOWED MISLEADING WIN32/LODITO RUN AT LEAST WHEN I RAN DEFENDER AND CHECKED THE RESULTS UNDER "ALLOWED "LIST. IT SAID THAT EVEN THOUGH I HAD NEVER MADE SUCH A CHOICE TO DO SO. HOW DID THIS MISLEADING WIN32/LODI GET...
  9. system mechanic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system mechanic: i bought this PC performance disk for this computer my wife got from her grand parents and i cant seem to get the thing do do what its post to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-mechanic/664372d8-3ece-4365-a721-497aeae11166
  10. Misleading: Win32/Lodi

Misleading: Win32/Lodi: MSERT only partially removes Misleading: Win32?Lodi. How do I get rid of it, entirely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/misleading-win32lodi/dd5bf133-e004-4c4d-9e33-828b38bec7bf"