Windows 10: Current Windows Update makes the laptop freak out after restart.

Discus and support Current Windows Update makes the laptop freak out after restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this already happened to me two times as of posting. I am using the system restore function to fix it. I don’t know what happened to my laptop, The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deimosson_25, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Current Windows Update makes the laptop freak out after restart.

So this already happened to me two times as of posting. I am using the system restore function to fix it. I don’t know what happened to my laptop, The only things that might cause suspicion is the Windows Update that and that I recently installed manjaro on another partition in my hard drive. The computer is completely functional after every system restore, but before the laptop restarts, it is showing the windows update loading screen. After the restart, it is just a black screen. The mouse is visible and I can access the connect panel. I have tried connecting an external monitor and it also shows a black screen. Is there any permanent fix to this? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Deimosson_25
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deimosson_25, Apr 21, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Current Windows Update makes the laptop freak out after restart. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Failed BIOS update, Laptop keeps restarting.

Hello, I have an HP dv2050us laptop. I recently went to HP.com to update my drivers and software. When I got down to the Bios (WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS for Notebooks with Intel Processors - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based version F.25), I downloaded it and installed it, when it got time to restart itself, my power turned off at my house and cut the power to the laptop.
    My laptop turned off. After a minute when the power came back on I manually turned on my laptop. But all that happens is my laptop just keeps restarting itself. It loads up to the "Windows loading" screen, it will then flash a blue screen and restart all over again.

It's like my laptop goes in an endless loop of restarting, and it never makes it to windows. I tried the last known option in Safemode ('Windows advanced options menu') but it does not help or work. I have also tried getting into Safemode, but that doesn't work either.

I can press f10, and that gets me into the Phoenix BIOS Setup Utility. And pressing f8 gets me to 'Windows advanced options menu' also know as the "Safemode" screen
    I have no idea how to fix this! Please help! Thank you.

jerseyturf, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Current Windows Update makes the laptop freak out after restart.

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Current Windows Update makes the laptop freak out after restart.

1. Current Windows Update makes the laptop freak out after restart. - Similar Threads - Current Update makes

2. task bar freaking out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar freaking out: my task bar keeps glitching, how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-freaking-out/a1d4ea2b-e3a8-4ab1-ad48-1bc472df0dbe
  3. Sound Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Freaking Out: Hey I have a problem when I had plugged in new headphones or unplugged any audio device the sound rapidly changes over and over and I cannot change it. If anybody has had a similar issue before can you help? submitted by /u/PineappleSir [link] [comments]...
  4. Computer is Freaking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is Freaking out: I have a dell inspiron pc that ive had for 3 years and only a couple weeks ago did thid problem arise. I had brought it in for a virus clean up but after running several detection softwears at many diffrent times, no virus was found. What first happens is it will start typing...
  5. Windows is freaking out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is freaking out: Hello, my windows recently started freaking out every time I press a key it was a shortcut to something, I got that fixed by doing Ctrl + Alt + Windows button, but now when I open up the start menu it like auto clicking and highlighting things same for my search bar and...
  6. Taskbar Freaking Out.

Taskbar Freaking Out.: [IMG] My taskbar messed up I do have two monitors but heres what it looks like: The program icons are uneven with the windos, search, task view icon, plus the program icons have turned into tabs rather than just icons. Any help will be appreciated submitted by...
  7. Bluetooth is freaking out

Bluetooth is freaking out: I'm trying to just play some games on my pc, but it refuses to work with my Xbox one S controller and my Ps4 controller. When I try to pair them, it'll find it most of the time, but when I connect, it'll either pretend like the controllers connected, when it isn't, or it'll...
  8. Windows Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Freaking Out: Hello All, My computer says that it has "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit" and I still get the "Activate Windows" message on my monitor. When I used Windows 10 Update Assistant, It told me that my operating wasn't ok, and I needed to "Upgrade Windows Server or...
  9. Windows defender freaked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender freaked me out: So I just got the new version of win 10 1809 and so I started browsing the internet, when out of the blue my pc started making that irritating sound of old pc motherboards when posting except it was from the turned up speakers. Soo long story short, how do I prevent the...
  10. Freaking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freaking out: I can't access Cortana, my windows bar and my notifications. I tried to fix by using Power Shell, but no corrupted files. Then I saw that task bar said Cortana Suspend, last night my computer updated, and I don't know if that messed up my system. I also had to change my email...