Windows 10: Currently Allocated Virtual Memory doesn't include Paging File from another drive

Discus and support Currently Allocated Virtual Memory doesn't include Paging File from another drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I have last installed Windows 10 version with all updates. Virtual Memory works fine on drive C, but it doens't work on Drive G. I set minimum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikhailZlenko, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Currently Allocated Virtual Memory doesn't include Paging File from another drive

Hi. I have last installed Windows 10 version with all updates.

Virtual Memory works fine on drive C, but it doens't work on Drive G.

I set minimum Paging File Size for drive C and appropriate for drive G

and after system restart, I can see this in the Virtual Memory section.

Currently Allocated Virtual Memory doesn't include Paging File from another drive 5a7f6fcb-1e59-4b61-a4d0-698f858397cf?upload=true.png

I also tried to remove the paging file from drive C via this window, but Windows creates a temporary paging file after the restart and shows me a dialog that says that a temporary paging file was created because that the size that I set is too small.

How can I select only drive G for the paging file? Drive G is SSD

:)

MikhailZlenko, Feb 19, 2021
  2. ARTOSOFT Win User

USB memory disk as a paging file for virtual memory?

Hi,

I want to know your opinion about usb memory disk as a paging file for windows virtual memory.

I am trying to set paging file on usb memory disk, but it is looks windows don't like it and simply ignore it and create paging file on my c:\ drive. It is looks like paging file is created on usb memory disk, but when I check, there is no swap file on usb memory disk. The usb memory disk still empty.

Anyone have experience on it?

Regards,
    Arto.

ARTOSOFT, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Virtual Memory

You should *not* turn off virtual memory. Two points:

1. If you don't have a page file, you can't use all the RAM you have. That's because Windows preallocates virtual memory in anticipation of a possible need for it, even though that allocated virtual memory may never be used. Without a page file,
    that allocation has to be made in real memory, thus tying up that memory and preventing it from being used for any purpose.

2. There is never a benefit in not having a page file. If it isn't needed, it won't be used. Don't confuse allocated memory with used memory.

Ken Blake, Feb 19, 2021
  4. echo75 Win User

Currently Allocated Virtual Memory doesn't include Paging File from another drive

Turn of Virtual memory?

ok, is it wise to allocate a page file to every partition?

I have 3 partitions. diveded from my 250GB drive
    C for Windows
    D for mostly games
    E for pics and videos

what pagefile allocation formula will you suggest?

echo75, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Currently Allocated Virtual Memory doesn't include Paging File from another drive

1. Currently Allocated Virtual Memory doesn't include Paging File from another drive - Similar Threads - Currently Allocated Virtual

2. Total paging file for all drives doesn't include paging file size from drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total paging file for all drives doesn't include paging file size from drive D: Hi, I am facing an issue with updating the paging file size for my computer.I have allocated 800MB memory in C drive and 65536MB memory in D drive but the total paging file size for all drives isn't getting updated and remains 800MB only. I've updated the values and restarted...
  3. Total paging file for all drives doesn't include paging file size from drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Total paging file for all drives doesn't include paging file size from drive D: Hi, I am facing an issue with updating the paging file size for my computer.I have allocated 800MB memory in C drive and 65536MB memory in D drive but the total paging file size for all drives isn't getting updated and remains 800MB only. I've updated the values and restarted...
  4. How do I change allocated virtual memory space on a drive that is broken and unable to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change allocated virtual memory space on a drive that is broken and unable to...: Recently my 1TB seagate drive decided to go and break after developing SMART errors that my system did not warn me about at all until it was too late to do anything to recover the drive or any of the data on it. Literally one minute it was working and the next the computer...
  5. How do I change allocated virtual memory space on a drive that is broken and unable to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change allocated virtual memory space on a drive that is broken and unable to...: Recently my 1TB seagate drive decided to go and break after developing SMART errors that my system did not warn me about at all until it was too late to do anything to recover the drive or any of the data on it. Literally one minute it was working and the next the computer...
  6. How do I change allocated virtual memory space on a drive that is broken and unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 fails to utilize allocated paging space for virtual memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to utilize allocated paging space for virtual memory: What do I miss? Why does it offer options that are non-existent? Hi there, I have recently bought a new laptop, with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD as a disc labeled "C" for windows. Later I added another disk, HDD this time, and set up my system to use the least allowed amount...
  8. Copying files including Windows to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files including Windows to another drive: I have installed a SSD and wish to copy the files, software and OS to the SSD from my old hard drive. Any tips on how this can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-including-windows-to-another-drive/f3a7823e-5786-4768-9b75-160cf87aeebd
  9. Windows 10 fails to utilize allocated paging space for virtual memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to utilize allocated paging space for virtual memory: Hi there, I have recently bought a new laptop, with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD as a disc labeled "C" for windows. Later I added another disk, HDD this time, and set up my system to use the least allowed amount of C my SSD system disc for pagefile.sys and to use standard...
  10. Virtual Memory on another drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual Memory on another drive: Hi everyone, I'm a new member to your forums. I just wanted to get some input on a change I recently made with my computer. I have a small SSD installed, which I mainly just use for virtual machines occasionally. My operating system isn't installed on this SSD, but rather a...