Windows 10: currently can't complete the update in time

Discus and support currently can't complete the update in time in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yes I have a question about Windows 10 anniversary update I just recently purchased of lenovo ideapad110 and upgraded to Windows 10 anniversary when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Colette Foy, Nov 8, 2016.

1. currently can't complete the update in time

Yes I have a question about Windows 10 anniversary update I just recently purchased of lenovo ideapad110 and upgraded to Windows 10 anniversary when I bought the computer all week ago I already had Windows 10 home already on them after I downloaded it and installed it's been trying to do updates and then gets halfway through and says we currently can't complete the update in time does the new updates what can I do

:)

Colette Foy, Nov 8, 2016

2. The current windows update is malfunctioning

My computer is attempting the most current update release of December 13, 2016. It does the install then has to do an undo and says that the install can't be completed. This happens every time a try to boot up my HP Laptop and also on one of my Toshiba
    laptops. How can I stop the install until it can be fixed?

BillyCorrell, Nov 8, 2016
  3. Upgrades to Windows 10 freeze

I currently have Windows 10 and can't work out why updates freeze when installing. Again it got to 75% complete when the screen went black so I was with no choice but to switch off/on as nothing was happening. It recovered the installation and started
    installing again and this time got to 88% complete when it froze again. This time the screen stayed on but the dots that go round in a circle had frozen. I switched off/on again but this time it came on restoring the original version of windows as has happened
    before.

My knowledge of computer operating systems is very basic so I don't know what is causing this problem and I can't seem to find anything online to help.

Many thanks.

AlanBocking, Nov 8, 2016
  4. currently can't complete the update in time

Colette Foy,

Welcome to the forum!

Trying to understand the issue.

Is this what you are seeing?

cottonball, Nov 11, 2016
  5. Yes that is wht im seeing

Colette Foy, Nov 11, 2016
  6. Thanks for confirming.

Let's try to reset the Windows Updates Components and then reinitiate the Windows Update process.

Please press the Windows key + X on the keyboard and from the list that appears, select: Command Prompt (Admin)

To stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update services, copy/paste (with the mouse) the following commands (inside the code box) at the Command Prompt, one at a time, and, after each, press: Enter

Code: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver[/quote] Next, rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folders. Copy/paste (with the mouse) the following commands (inside the code box) at the Command Prompt, one at a time, and, after each, press: Enter

Code: ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old[/quote] Now, let’s restart the Services that were stopped. Copy/paste (with the mouse) the following commands (inside the code box) at the Command Prompt, one at a time, and, after each, press: Enter

Code: net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver[/quote] At the Command Prompt, type: Exit

Please restart the computer.

After restarting the computer, retry the install of the Windows Updates.

Let us know how it goes.

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

currently can't complete the update in time

1. currently can't complete the update in time - Similar Threads - currently can't complete

2. Task can't be completed because RDS is currently busy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task can't be completed because RDS is currently busy: Hi, I have an issue with RDP accessible only via a VPN. Lately, I have been locking down our environment and applied Windows Firewall policies for Private, Public and Domain. I came across this bluescreen error after applying Domain Firewall policies. "The task you are trying...
  3. Task can't be completed because RDS is currently busy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task can't be completed because RDS is currently busy: Hi, I have an issue with RDP accessible only via a VPN. Lately, I have been locking down our environment and applied Windows Firewall policies for Private, Public and Domain. I came across this bluescreen error after applying Domain Firewall policies. "The task you are trying...
  4. Task can't be completed because RDS is currently busy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't update to the current version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update to the current version: Hello, I would like to update Windows to the current version, but upon selecting "Check for updates," it says I am up to date, which I know I am not. I am currently on the version 1809....
  6. QuickBooks can't complete the current action due to a missing component

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    QuickBooks can't complete the current action due to a missing component: Suddenly having multiple Windows 10 1909 users have issues with creating PDFs in QuickBooks Desktop 2020. This feature depends on Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 printer and it is not longer working and neither is Microsoft Print to PDF. I tried to repair using QB repair...
  7. Windows Updates can't complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates can't complete: I finished reinstalling Windows onto my new SSD and I was able to setup Windows without any problems. However, after a few days I got a normal windows update, tried installing, failed. I thought to myself, "I'll just wait till the next update and hope that one works" still...
  8. Windows can't complete update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows can't complete update: I keep getting notifications that Windows is going to do wonderful updates and when I tell it to "Restart Now" it goes through a process and then says "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don't turn off your computer." That's all it ever does, every day...
  9. 'Can't Complete Update'

'Can't Complete Update': I am the custodian of several Lenovo laptop Computers for a Charity. They are installed with Win 8.1 and have operated satisfactorily for 12 months. I have successfully upgraded 3 of these units to Win 10, although each has taken about 12 hours to load and install the...
  10. Windows can't complete Update

Windows can't complete Update: All of a sudden I'm having trouble with Windows Update. Every time I shut down my computer Windows tells me it's updating and don't turn off the computer. It does its thing and then shuts down, as usual. Then when boot the computer up Windows tells me it is completing the...