Windows 10: Currently I sign in with a password to microsoft, I can't change to Hello options of face,...

Discus and support Currently I sign in with a password to microsoft, I can't change to Hello options of face,... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I sign in to MIcrosoft account with a password, I an asked to change to face, pin or fingerprint but get locked when I try any of these options.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DonNelson4, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Currently I sign in with a password to microsoft, I can't change to Hello options of face,...

When I sign in to MIcrosoft account with a password, I an asked to change to face, pin or fingerprint but get locked when I try any of these options.

:)

DonNelson4, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Face sign in is missing in windows hello

Hi Suvajit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to change the Sign In option and check if it helps.

To change Sign In option, follow the below steps.

• Type Setting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Select Sign In option on the left panel.

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Currently I sign in with a password to microsoft, I can't change to Hello options of face,...

How to change default login setup- Laptop defaults to Hello Face to login with face... want it to be a password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the Sign-in options on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

Since you are unable to remove Windows Hello Face Recognition as you receive the error this option is currently unavailable. Let’s try few steps and see if we get the option to remove
    Windows Hello Face Recognition from the PC.

1. Press Windows + E to open
      File Explorer.
    2. On the left hand pane click on This PC.
    3. Now navigate to the location C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver

(Where C: is the drive where Windows is installed)
    4. Now look for the files HelloFace.inf and HelloFaceMigration.inf
    5. Right click on each file one by one and click on
      Install

Once you install the above files, go to Settings >
    Accounts
    > Sign-in options and see if you are able to remove
    Windows Hello Face Recognition.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Currently I sign in with a password to microsoft, I can't change to Hello options of face,...

1. Currently I sign in with a password to microsoft, I can't change to Hello options of face,... - Similar Threads - Currently sign password

2. I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...: I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello on my laptop. However, in Settings; Sign-in options; PIN Windows Hello; the option is grayed out and says, "This option is currently unavailable". Can this be fixed?...
  3. I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...: I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello on my laptop. However, in Settings; Sign-in options; PIN Windows Hello; the option is grayed out and says, "This option is currently unavailable". Can this be fixed?...
  4. Windows Hello Face- This option is currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face- This option is currently unavailable: Something went wrong. Try again later.I just didn't hop on the forum right off the get go and ask for help here. I have read, and done just about every step that has been suggested and none of them has fixed the problem. Hoping someone knows something I haven't tried....
  5. Windows Hello Face - This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Face - This option is currently unavailable: I just recently bought an hp spectre x360 laptop and i have run into a problem of not being able to use or change my sign-in options. Is their anyway to fix this? I am running Windows 10 Home....
  6. windows hello face this option is currently unavailable

windows hello face this option is currently unavailable: I have windows 10 running on my pc i wan to use windows hello face but i tried everything i need help i have used windows hello face on this laptop before and even i used windows hello pin please help...
  7. I can't find password option on Sign-in options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't find password option on Sign-in options: [ATTACH] Hi guys, I don't know what happended to my laptop, ever since i reinstall my Windows 10, i can't find password option for sign-in options, i remember it clearly i can always use password before, but now i don't even see the option to add password Windows 10...
  8. Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Face - The option is currently unavailable: Hi, This is Raviteja and i am using a HP laptop HP Envy X360 13-ar0118au I am not able to set up windows hello on my device. Attached is the screenshot. I am able to use my camera from the default camera application. Please do the needfull [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Hello Face Sign-in Option

Windows Hello Face Sign-in Option: So I added another microsoft account and my Windows Hello Face doesn't work. It shows up as unavailable and when I turn my laptop on, it says "Something went wrong. Please sign in with your pin." Also, I can't remove it....
  10. Sign-in Options windows Hello face

Sign-in Options windows Hello face: "we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face" why this message?? And is there any solution to it?? HP Laptop 15-bs0xx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-windows-hello-face/41617f6d-7a44-4156-91b0-7090c1fa8fc9