Windows 10: Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot)

Discus and support Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Normally each application along with the volume slider there is a green bar showing the volume of the sound that the application but in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Delicious-Setting-66, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot)

Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot) d126m4uDhUpGUm8T-_HelNDOcefaDZuyUVUugRL6jqA.jpg

Normally each application along with the volume slider there is a green bar showing the volume of the sound that the application but in windows 10 this green bar only shows up in few applications(very little) but in windows 8.1 it shows it for all applications maybe this because of a api change but can i fix it so it operates like windows 8.1

https://preview.redd.it/6pslymwok1m...bp&s=2a88bedf2a403ec2903901f804e4c00ff6a2c4a2

submitted by /u/Delicious-Setting-66
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Delicious-Setting-66, Sep 5, 2022

2. Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone

I have

• Windows 19645.1
    • Android 9
    • Amazon Music
    • Turned on "Show audio currently playing from my phone"
    • On my Android phone Apps & notification > Notifications > Amazon Music and Your phone Companion are ticked

Don't see any currently playing music in my PC's Your Phone app.

Charles Foxtrot, Sep 5, 2022
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: Fix sound or audio problems in Windows

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 5, 2022
  4. Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot)

Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone

Hi Kambod,

Does any of this apply to you?

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/04/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-19619

Audio player control requirements

• A PC running Windows 10 October 2018 Update or later. However, we always recommend updating to the latest version.
    • Android phone running 7.0+.
    • Apps that support media controls in their Android notifications. Some examples of popular apps that are supported include Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, YouTube Music, Xiami Music, and Google Podcast.
    • Show audio currently playing from my phone will be turned on by default in the Your Phone app settings if Your Phone Notifications permissions are granted.
    • Individual audio apps require notifications permissions granted on your Android phone. Turn these on through Android Settings > Notifications > select the audio app > turn Notifications on.
    Known issues

• Some audio apps support “Previous Track” and others may support “Rewind Track.”
    • YouTube video and Audible are currently not supported.

Sumit - Insider MVP, Sep 5, 2022
Thema:

Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot)

1. Currently playing audio indicator not showing on applications (see screenshot) - Similar Threads - Currently playing audio

2. Application Sound muffling/lowering when other applications are playing audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Sound muffling/lowering when other applications are playing audio.: When my audio is lowered, in sound mixer, it doesn't say the application nor the system volume is lower, however I can clearly tell it is being muffled/lowered. This happens pretty much every time there are 2 applications giving out audio. This is a relatively new thing that...
  3. Application Sound muffling/lowering when other applications are playing audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Sound muffling/lowering when other applications are playing audio.: When my audio is lowered, in sound mixer, it doesn't say the application nor the system volume is lower, however I can clearly tell it is being muffled/lowered. This happens pretty much every time there are 2 applications giving out audio. This is a relatively new thing that...
  4. "Currently Playing" Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Currently Playing" Card: When I installed Windows 11 this "Current Playing" Card got lost, is there any possible way to get this one back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/currently-playing-card/dbd6a287-3a78-4438-9512-1dcd20f3c317
  5. "Currently Playing" Card

"Currently Playing" Card: When I installed Windows 11 this "Current Playing" Card got lost, is there any possible way to get this one back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/currently-playing-card/dbd6a287-3a78-4438-9512-1dcd20f3c317
  6. how to see the screenshot if it is not saved

how to see the screenshot if it is not saved: hello .. i want to ask that using the snipping tool i took a full screen shot but i didnt saved it .... can u pls tell from where i can get the screenshot...
  7. Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone

Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone: Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-doesnt-show-audio-currently-playing/cc71331b-25f2-41df-b9ba-dcb3f4e911b5
  8. Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot: [ATTACH] I have a user who has this happen periodically. Usually closing the apps and re-opening them resolves this. So far this has happened in chrome, firefox, word, and Adobe reader. If closing/opening them doesnt work, we usually restart. the problem goes away for a...
  9. Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External...: | +___Hi. | +___We have noticed that the "File History" Static Software Application is not working (again). | +___We are currently struggling with the "Microsoft" "Windows" "10" "RedStone" 64-Bit Non-N Operating System. | +___Great Success has been registered while Fully and...
  10. Remove line indicator showing applications on different desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Remove line indicator showing applications on different desktops: Hi guys, I have created another desktop and moves windows explorer onto here, but on my initial desktop, there is still an icon relating to windows explorer even though it is not pinned to my taskbar and also a line underneath the icon indicating that this application is...