Windows 10: Currently unable to activate Windows 10

Discus and support Currently unable to activate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. It was already activated so I wrote down the key. Previous version was Windows 10 Home. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AaronLowe2, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Currently unable to activate Windows 10

I decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. It was already activated so I wrote down the key. Previous version was Windows 10 Home. When reinstalling I chose Windows 10 Home Single Language because I don't want multi-language support. I figured this was just a shortcut for selecting the single language use that appears in older Windows setups and since I was opting for less functionality than the key I had, I thought it would be ok. There was no warning to say otherwise to help differentiate between these almost identical sounding versions. Now I find I have a valid Windows activation code but I can't activate Windows.

So, am I forever stuck with a non-activated version? I've already spent 2 days doing this install and not willing to start again and there's no way I can afford a second activation code.

:)

AaronLowe2, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Feb 22, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Currently unable to activate Windows 10

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Currently unable to activate Windows 10

1. Currently unable to activate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Currently unable activate

2. Unable to activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10: Hello, I have done major changes in hardware and now it is impossible to activate my retail license again. Here are the details: I had a HP Notebook with a digital retail license linked to my Microsoft account. Now I built a new desktop pc, and want to transfer my license...
  3. Error code: 0xc004f01f , Unable to activate my current windows edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error code: 0xc004f01f , Unable to activate my current windows edition.: Hello, I started to recive a "activate windows" watermark 2-3 weeks ago, I have contacted support about it already, but was told it was a current fault in their servers and that it would be fixed within 1 day. However a week later and I am still getting the same errors....
  4. unable to activate windows 10

unable to activate windows 10: Facing error 0x80070057 while trying to activate my Windows Enterprise. The Error message read as below: "Unable to activate Windows Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you 're connected to the internet, wait a few minutes, and try again. x80070057"....
  5. Unable to activate windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to activate windows 10: When i use the product key to activate my windows this message appears "to activate with this product key, this device will need to connect to your organization's activation services" How do i fix this? submitted by /u/ivhih [link] [comments]...
  6. Unable to Activate Windows 10

Unable to Activate Windows 10: I have recently tried to update my laptop from Windows 7 to the Windows 10. The system will not allow me to activate and comes back with error code 0C004F034. I do not have a product key but understand that I do not need one as Windows 7 was originally installed when I...
  7. unable to activate windows 10

unable to activate windows 10: I am rcvng and error code 0x80004005...wha should I do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate-windows-10/3cd19458-f6c6-4877-a03c-e5a4a9e0461a"
  8. Unable to Activate Windows 10

Unable to Activate Windows 10: Hi I been seeing this Watermark since Yesterday Morning January 9th 2019 "Activate Windows, Go to Settings to activate windows" when i go to the Activation setting it says "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the internet, wait a few...
  9. Unable to activate windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to activate windows 10: Hello! My friend sent me a key of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition and as soon as I activated, windows restarted and now it says windows is not activated. My original windows was Windows Home version. I'm getting the following message/error: 0x8007007B We can't activate...
  10. Unable to activate Windows 10

Unable to activate Windows 10: Finally upgraded my 3rd laptop to Windows 10 Single Language from Windows 8.1 Single Language. After finishing installing all of my applications, I noticed that windows didn't automatically activated Windows 10. I retrieved my OEM product code stored in the BIOS using...