Windows 10: Cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window

Discus and support Cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the windows update 10. my cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window * Original title: curser/arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnaQuintanilla1, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window

Since the windows update 10. my cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window

* Original title: curser/arrow

:)

AnaQuintanilla1, Apr 17, 2020

2. The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

When I have opened a program like Edge on my Windows 10 PC, the cursor changes form from an arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down.
    This new symbol can not activate anything by moving it around with the mouse.
    To close the open program, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the job list.
    At the same time, the circle symbol turns into the well-known arrow, and I can continue the work normally.

How do I avoid the annoying circle icon?

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

Claes Agerup, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Cursor randomly disappears within certain applications - Windows 10

I know this is an old post but I thought it would still be worthwhile responding for Windows 10 users.

Step one:

Right click on a blank part of your desktop and choose "Personalise",

Step two:

Click on "Themes",

Step three:

On the main section of the Themes settings screen, click on "Mouse cursor",

Step four:

Uncheck "Hide pointer while typing" and click "Apply" or "OK",

Your mouse cursor should no longer disappear on you.

*It could also be useful to put a check in the "Show location of pointer when I press CTRL key" option so if you don't know where your cursor is, you can find it by using the CTRL key.

Microsoft support, I suggest that you should always remember that sometimes you should check the simple solutions first before recommending driver update or creating new user profiles.

TonestarDeluxe, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Ruth CBU Win User

Cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window

Windows 10 losing cursor and arrows. How to fix?

MSI FX600 upgraded to Windows 10, then the cursor disappeared, then the arrows stopped working.

How to get the cursor working so the pointer drive can be updated etc

Ruth CBU, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window

1. Cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window - Similar Threads - Cursor arrow disappears

2. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  3. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  4. My cursor arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor arrow: How do I get my cursor symbol back? My cursor is now a small round clock/target like symbol - with a small black triangle at the 12, 3, 6 & 9 positions. Please help. Thank you....
  5. How to change cursor when clicking.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change cursor when clicking.: I'm wondering if there's a way to change the cursor in Windows 10 only when clicking, like it's cursor A as default but when you click it changes to cursor B. I already got it to be cursor A as default, but I want cursor B when clicking. submitted by /u/MistaLOD [link]...
  6. windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared.: windows 10 cursor and arrows disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cursor-and-arrows-disappeared/3671c958-b750-4d30-b001-7d713232292e
  7. Cursor arrow when booting into clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor arrow when booting into clean install: Hi i have asked this question before i have an hp14-cf3xxx laptop and i recently downloaded again the media creation tool so it created and i disabled secure boot in boot menu and restarted pc and it came up the windows 10 install so i used my built in mouse and couldnt find...
  8. windows arrow cursor is hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    windows arrow cursor is hidden: Hi, On windows startup the windows arrow cursor is hidden and when I move the mouse sometimes the cursor appears but most of the time it does not until I unplug and replug the mouse again from USB connection. Is there any solution to this problem? I dont want to return the...
  9. Cursor disappears when browsing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor disappears when browsing: How to make visual the cursor when browsing?- now it fades into the backfround https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears-when-browsing/a44c991d-fbb7-4471-b6df-a8e0575a0b91
  10. Cursor disappears when opening applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor disappears when opening applications: When opening new applications the cursor disappears on the application screen but is visible on the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears-when-opening-applications/61ec8cab-0b23-4700-a0cf-b4078c9081a5