Windows 10: Cursor arrow when booting into clean install

Discus and support Cursor arrow when booting into clean install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i have asked this question before i have an hp14-cf3xxx laptop and i recently downloaded again the media creation tool so it created and i disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnrodger2, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Cursor arrow when booting into clean install

Hi i have asked this question before i have an hp14-cf3xxx laptop and i recently downloaded again the media creation tool so it created and i disabled secure boot in boot menu and restarted pc and it came up the windows 10 install so i used my built in mouse and couldnt find the arrow cursor to continue?? I thought that the download was corrupt so i re downloaded the creation tool only to find same problem the arrow works in normal windows so why not in boot menu? One thing i noticed also was i tried to change the boot menu to usb dvd order but couldnt move the pointer from os boot to above yet on the other side i could move with the keys to disable secure boot?? Need answers pls

:)

johnrodger2, Oct 30, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Back arrow

In Internet Explorer, when my cursor hovered over the "Back" arrow, a list of recent pages would drop down. I can't make this happen with Edge. Any suggestions?

StanWilsonXU, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Cursor arrow when booting into clean install

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

When I have opened a program like Edge on my Windows 10 PC, the cursor changes form from an arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down.
    This new symbol can not activate anything by moving it around with the mouse.
    To close the open program, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get to the job list.
    At the same time, the circle symbol turns into the well-known arrow, and I can continue the work normally.

How do I avoid the annoying circle icon?

The cursor changes the shape from the arrow to a circle with an up arrow and an arrow down

Claes Agerup, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Cursor arrow when booting into clean install

1. Cursor arrow when booting into clean install - Similar Threads - Cursor arrow booting

2. Cursor arrow does not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor arrow does not appear: Cursor arrow doe not appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-arrow-does-not-appear/0491ee28-c992-4106-9299-eccb38427679
  3. Cursor arrow does not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor arrow does not appear: Cursor arrow doe not appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-arrow-does-not-appear/0491ee28-c992-4106-9299-eccb38427679
  4. My cursor arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor arrow: How do I get my cursor symbol back? My cursor is now a small round clock/target like symbol - with a small black triangle at the 12, 3, 6 & 9 positions. Please help. Thank you....
  5. Re-install a clean windows 10, when Boot Loader is "ON".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-install a clean windows 10, when Boot Loader is "ON".: Hi, Does anyone KNOW, how to reinstall WINDOWS 10, clean, from a USB KEy i've got, on a PC that shows BOOT LOADER at startup ??? See picture below. I only need to re-install the windows system, on one of those volumes. Any idea ? I'm lost. And no complicated code to...
  6. windows arrow cursor is hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    windows arrow cursor is hidden: Hi, On windows startup the windows arrow cursor is hidden and when I move the mouse sometimes the cursor appears but most of the time it does not until I unplug and replug the mouse again from USB connection. Is there any solution to this problem? I dont want to return the...
  7. Custom-sized Windows boot drive when Clean Installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom-sized Windows boot drive when Clean Installing: When performing a clean custom install of Windows 10 and the user wishes to generate a custom-sized Windows boot drive, there is a major fault in the process; I was clean installing Windows 10 v2004 Build 19041.264 x64. When users want to allocate a bespoke sized boot drive...
  8. Cursor moved by the directional arrows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor moved by the directional arrows.: Hello, I've been having a problem for a few days now, when I press my directional arrows on the keyboard, it moves my cursor. Anyone know how not to get that? submitted by /u/dadriun [link] [comments]...
  9. Cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window: Since the windows update 10. my cursor/arrow disappears when clicking into a new window * Original title: curser/arrow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursorarrow-disappears-when-clicking-into-a-new/6a095d39-7399-4f91-bcba-f1f3efae1f5b
  10. flashing blue circle by cursor arrow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flashing blue circle by cursor arrow: Why ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-blue-circle-by-cursor-arrow/a1c68d0a-1637-4c0b-8d06-6389a07135cf