Windows 10: Cursor automatically highlighting

Discus and support Cursor automatically highlighting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The way my cursor highlights when I try to click between characters or insert something has changed. I may have inadvertently done it but I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tmhl, Sep 15, 2019.

1. tmhl Win User

Cursor automatically highlighting

The way my cursor highlights when I try to click between characters or insert something has changed. I may have inadvertently done it but I don't know what it was I did. It automatically shades whatever is next to it. How can I undo this? Help and Thank you for any answers. I can't find anything for this for Win 10 system when googling it. I have Dell Inspiron 3470 Mini, I do run open office on it. IE is my browser. I don't know what other info to give on this problem.

:)

2. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EarlArmstrong1, Sep 15, 2019
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Cursor automatically highlighting

Zipping files, naming them, moving cursor and it highlights the whole again

I've experience a strange bug with explorer where if you:

• are selecting multiple files
    • right-click on any of the selected items -> Send to -> Compressed (Zipped) folder. This automatically highlights the file name.
    • move your text cursor using left or right on the arrow pad immediately after the zip appears and the highlighted file name. You can also do this with a mouse by clicking to move the cursor to where the pointer is at.
    • the name will then be highlighted again, which snaps your text cursor back to the end of the name.

This is annoying, especially when I am used to when you rightclick on one highlighted item of multiple, that name is kept when you create the zip folder, and I often append that name with a version type (so FileTest.txt becomes FileTest_updated.txt):

Cursor automatically highlighting d00dd559-90ea-4bce-a9d7-a036740937b4?upload=true.gif

As you can see, (please excuse the file names, I'm programming some stuff), after the ZIP was created, I press right on the arrow pad, which moves the blinking text to the right, and suddenly, the highlight reloads and cancels out my cursor from being at
    the position other than at the end of the name. I did not press any button such as CTRL+A that would highlight the text. Microsoft, on your next update, can you fix this? I kept on accidentally replacing the name when I was trying to append text to it

RedFireBro122333, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Cursor automatically highlighting

1. Cursor automatically highlighting - Similar Threads - Cursor automatically highlighting

2. Cursor highlight delay adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor highlight delay adjustment: I'm looking for a very specific setting that noone cares about except for people who work with text 100% of the day, like programmers or translators the latter being myself. Specifically, it's the duration of delay when you press ctrl+shift+right arrow somewhere in the text...
  3. Cursor highlight delay adjustment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor highlight delay adjustment: I'm looking for a very specific setting that noone cares about except for people who work with text 100% of the day, like programmers or translators the latter being myself. Specifically, it's the duration of delay when you press ctrl+shift+right arrow somewhere in the text...
  4. cursor highlighting anything i scroll over

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor highlighting anything i scroll over: whenever i scroll my cursor over my apps on the taskbar at the for like a millisecond it'll highlight the app and show the name as if my cursor is still on it when its not, its starting to really annoy me too, is there anyway i can fix this?...
  5. Color of highlighted cursor

Color of highlighted cursor: How to change color of highlighted cursor row in the "File Explorer"? The default colors are not very visible to me. I need a yellow background and a black text. See picture below... [ATTACH]...
  6. Cursor cannot highlight with Dual Monitors in Outlook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor cannot highlight with Dual Monitors in Outlook: Hello Microsoft. I'm having a SPECIFIC problem with Microsoft software that does not occur with other types of software. I have 2 monitors. A Sceptre 27" and a 32" LG. I have had other dual monitor setups before. The error I'm experiencing is with Microsoft products...
  7. Cursor won't highlight text or move scroll bar

Cursor won't highlight text or move scroll bar: Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-wont-highlight-text-or-move-scroll-bar/a129c606-279b-4468-971f-63fc09dc67a4
  8. How to change the Highlight color automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the Highlight color automatically: When I personalize my computer I always make the color change automatically. I find it disturbing when I highlight something, it's just the classic (eww) blue. DISCLAIMER: I DON'T ACTUALLY HATE BLUE. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME submitted by /u/KGFortyFive [link] [comments]...
  9. Cursor types automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor types automatically: Sometimes, my cursor types the number 1 uncontrollably in any box where you can type. I've run the mouse and keyboard troubleshooter as well as checked updated drivers. This problem is sporadic. I have Windows 10 Home Edition. Any suggestions?...
  10. Automatic highlighting

Automatic highlighting: I can be typing an email, Word document, etc. - and all of a sudden an entire paragraph gets highlighted and before I notice, my next key to be typed (I am a very fast typist) acts as a delete button for what was highlighted. Poof! It is all gone! Numerous, numerous times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor automatically highlights text