Windows 10: Cursor blink rate of none breaks task bar notifications

Discus and support Cursor blink rate of none breaks task bar notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Keyboard Properties, set the Cursor blink rate to None. In order for the setting to take affect, you must restart your computer or restart Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mister Happy, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Cursor blink rate of none breaks task bar notifications

In Keyboard Properties, set the Cursor blink rate to None. In order for the setting to take affect, you must restart your computer or restart Windows Explorer in the Task Manager when you have a folder open. Now make an application issue a notification such as new chat message which causes the icon to become orange. The icon should flash orange and when you open the program, stop being orange. With the Cursor blink rate of None, the icons are a solid orange and not flashing which in itself isn't an issue, but when you open the program, it the icon stays orange forever. This is very annoying and prevents me from seeing new notifications.

Cursor blink rate of none breaks task bar notifications 83e70ee2-6314-4606-887b-76fbec05ca55?upload=true.png

:)

Mister Happy, Aug 28, 2020

2. Cursor blink rate

How do I stop a blinking cursor? I treid using the windows + w key but could not find the cursor blink rate.

CecilHobbs, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Yseurk Win User
    Cursor stops blinking

Hello,

By the way it seems that there is a rate of blink about applications, you can check some of them over here :

Notepad Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Windows Explorer Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Total Commander Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Microsoft Office 2016 Cursor stops blinking after 30-32 blinks.
    Microsoft Edge, inside Google search box Cursor stops blinking after 10-11 blinks.
    Microsoft Edge, inside URL bar Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Firefox (in URL bar, also inside web pages) The cursor did not stop after 50 blinks. Seems to work OK.

Just tried on my new computer (Windows 10) and it's the same of Worpad, maybe it's just normal *Smile

Yseurk, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Cursor blink rate of none breaks task bar notifications

Fast blinking cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the cursor blinking constantly on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the Cursor blink rate is set to Fast.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it sets the Cursor blink rate to normal. Here's how:

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on Keyboard, Keyboard Properties window opens, set the
    Cursor blink rate as you wish.

4. Click on Apply and OK, check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Cursor blink rate of none breaks task bar notifications

1. Cursor blink rate of none breaks task bar notifications - Similar Threads - Cursor blink rate

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. Blinking Task Bar on Booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Task Bar on Booting: Hello everyone, After the latest update task bar blinking for 2 min and then I able to use my computer. I haven't a problem like this before. I run The System File Checker . Found some corrupted files, repaired them but after that my problem continues. There is video link...
  4. Win10 Live-Wallpaper blinking Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Live-Wallpaper blinking Task Bar: Hello, i've been using a live wallpaper for some time now, but recently i have noticed all the opaque elements of win10 start blinking and it is very annoying. When using a regular wallpaper everything is back to normal and i am almost 100% certain the blinking is because...
  5. Notifications/task bar

Notifications/task bar: So I have a dual monitor setup and my main monitor is what I use to game but my notifications always pop up and I have moved the task bar with the notifications to my secondary monitor but after a few minutes the notifications will start appearing on my main monitor again....
  6. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  7. notifications in icon on task bar

notifications in icon on task bar: i accidently stopped notifications from games like ceasars slots showing in the icon on the task bar. how do i get these back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-in-icon-on-task-bar/adef0a98-83a7-4046-a8af-a5b859d19c0e
  8. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  9. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  10. Change Text Cursor Blink Rate in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Cursor Blink Rate in Windows: How to: Change Text Cursor Blink Rate in Windows How to Change Text Cursor Blink Rate in Windows The cursor is that blinking line at the end of what you are typing in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to change the text cursor blink rate to what you want for...