Windows 10: Cursor can move, but not click

Discus and support Cursor can move, but not click in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My pc froze up and I couldn't interact with anything, so I hit the power button. It loaded a while and then started "Scanning and repairing drive C:"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CursedJudas, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Cursor can move, but not click

My pc froze up and I couldn't interact with anything, so I hit the power button. It loaded a while and then started "Scanning and repairing drive C:" with no percentage next to it. It didn't even take a minute and then it seemed to boot normally.

I could click things normally on the lock screen, logged in. But as soon as I logged in, I couldn't left or right click anymore. My keyboard still works normally and my mouse lights things up when I hover over them, but I can't interact with my mouse. My scroll wheel still works, but clicking doesn't.

I tried rebooting, starting in safe mode, updating drivers and unplugging my mouse. Nothing worked.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/CursedJudas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CursedJudas, Apr 7, 2020
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Cursor

Hi Peter,

Unstable mouse cursors can be caused by outdated drivers, dirt inside the mouse, and more. To make your cursor work properly again, we recommend that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse issues.

Update us if the steps in the article helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Arnie Est Win User

Cursor can move, but not click

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    4. Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    5. Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Cursor can move, but not click

1. Cursor can move, but not click - Similar Threads - Cursor move click

2. Cursor gets stuck near Taskbar and not able to move can see repeated clicks happening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor gets stuck near Taskbar and not able to move can see repeated clicks happening: After updating latest patch from Microsoft, am facing this issue where in the Cursor pointer goes near the taskbar and can see repeated clicks happening and not able to move the cursor from that point.. I have McAfee antivirus installed and dont see any virus getting...
  3. I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.

I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.: Hello! I got a Glorious Model O from PCGamingRace about 2-3 weeks ago, and everything worked fine until today. I was playing and suddenly, my mouse disconnected, the RGB lights went off, and I heard the Windows sound that plays when you unplug a USB device from your...
  4. Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently

Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth cursor moves, but clicking works intermittently: I have an issue with the Bluetooth Sculpt Comfort Mouse that I'm perplexed by. The cursor moves without issue so Bluetooth connection is good, but clicking only works intermittently after repeated clicks. The mouse has worked great for two years - so great in...
  5. Computer cursor moving to the right and spam clicking by its self.

Computer cursor moving to the right and spam clicking by its self.: A couple of days ago I started noticing weird behavior from my mouse cursor, first, my mouse cursor just started going to the right of my screen then a couple of days later it was moving to the right of my screen and spam clicking. and now every time my computer goes to sleep...
  6. Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks: Hi guys, my gf has a problem with her laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN) while everyday using or playing games: sometimes when she clicks somewhere on the screen, the desktop instantly shows up and she's unable to do anything with mouse aside from moving the cursor around (i...
  7. Cursor moving and clicking on its own on Windows 10

Cursor moving and clicking on its own on Windows 10: For a few weeks now, I have been noticing that my cursor seems to move against me when I am browsing. Yesterday, I went to check on something, and when I returned the cursor was randomly clicking and opening files. I looked up solutions and followed all of the advice, such as...
  8. Cursor moving and clicking on its own on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor moving and clicking on its own on Windows 10: For a few weeks now, I have been noticing that my cursor seems to move against me when I am browsing. Yesterday, I went to check on something, and when I returned the cursor was randomly clicking and opening files. I looked up solutions and followed all of the advice, such as...
  9. cursor not moving

cursor not moving: on my computer the cursor is not moving right when I get on it it just stops moving or sometimes just jump around my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving/d590b4f6-bc8d-4216-a64d-16a9dca3f07d
  10. Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Mouse/Touchpad move cursor, but can't click: My computer will randomly "freeze", meaning that I can move my mouse around, but clicking on things like my browser or the start bar doesn't do anything. I looked around online and the only "solution" I found was to press ctrl+alt+delete, then press cancel. I have tried...