Windows 10: Cursor can move, but not click

Discus and support Cursor can move, but not click in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My pc froze up and I couldn't interact with anything, so I hit the power button. It loaded a while and then started "Scanning and repairing drive C:"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CursedJudas, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Cursor can move, but not click

My pc froze up and I couldn't interact with anything, so I hit the power button. It loaded a while and then started "Scanning and repairing drive C:" with no percentage next to it. It didn't even take a minute and then it seemed to boot normally.

I could click things normally on the lock screen, logged in. But as soon as I logged in, I couldn't left or right click anymore. My keyboard still works normally and my mouse lights things up when I hover over them, but I can't interact with my mouse. My scroll wheel still works, but clicking doesn't.

I tried rebooting, starting in safe mode, updating drivers and unplugging my mouse. Nothing worked.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/CursedJudas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CursedJudas, Apr 7, 2020
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Cursor

Hi Peter,

Unstable mouse cursors can be caused by outdated drivers, dirt inside the mouse, and more. To make your cursor work properly again, we recommend that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse issues.

Update us if the steps in the article helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Arnie Est Win User

Cursor can move, but not click

Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    2. Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    3. Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    4. Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    5. Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Cursor can move, but not click

1. Cursor can move, but not click - Similar Threads - Cursor move click

2. The laptop cursor can move but it is difficult and unable to click every time the laptop is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop cursor can move but it is difficult and unable to click every time the laptop is...: When I turn on the laptop the next day, the cursor moves but is not responsive, nor can the cursor click on something on the laptop. However, when I press the keyboard any keyboard the cursor returns to its original state. And it always happens when I turn on the laptop the...
  3. The laptop cursor can move but it is difficult and unable to click every time the laptop is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The laptop cursor can move but it is difficult and unable to click every time the laptop is...: When I turn on the laptop the next day, the cursor moves but is not responsive, nor can the cursor click on something on the laptop. However, when I press the keyboard any keyboard the cursor returns to its original state. And it always happens when I turn on the laptop the...
  4. Cursor can move but cannot click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor can move but cannot click: Hi, my cursor is still able to move but I cannot click on anything. I tried restarting my laptop but now it is stuck on the screen where we need to click to open the log in screen to open our laptop. I can still move my cursor but I cannot click. Pressing space or any other...
  5. Cursor can move but cannot click

Cursor can move but cannot click: Hi, my cursor is still able to move but I cannot click on anything. I tried restarting my laptop but now it is stuck on the screen where we need to click to open the log in screen to open our laptop. I can still move my cursor but I cannot click. Pressing space or any other...
  6. Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything: Hi. My laptop cursor suddenly doesn’t click on anything as it should. It moves perfectly as usual but will not click on anything in the laptop menu or on pictures etc- anything. Also, when I move the cursor it draws a kind of box shape the size of which changes depending upon...
  7. Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything

Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything: Hi. My laptop cursor suddenly doesn’t click on anything as it should. It moves perfectly as usual but will not click on anything in the laptop menu or on pictures etc- anything. Also, when I move the cursor it draws a kind of box shape the size of which changes depending upon...
  8. Cursor not moving unless I first click in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor not moving unless I first click in: Wondering if anyone has had this problem before. On my Dell XPS laptop I sometimes get this weird quirk where my touchpad doesn't move the cursor about unless I first left click and then move it about. As soon as I stop moving (i.e lift my finger off the touchpad) it stops...
  9. I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.: Hello! I got a Glorious Model O from PCGamingRace about 2-3 weeks ago, and everything worked fine until today. I was playing and suddenly, my mouse disconnected, the RGB lights went off, and I heard the Windows sound that plays when you unplug a USB device from your...
  10. Cursor moving and clicking on its own on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor moving and clicking on its own on Windows 10: For a few weeks now, I have been noticing that my cursor seems to move against me when I am browsing. Yesterday, I went to check on something, and when I returned the cursor was randomly clicking and opening files. I looked up solutions and followed all of the advice, such as...