Windows 10: Cursor comes on last icon on desktop

Discus and support Cursor comes on last icon on desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time on start window cursor comes on last icon on desktop automatically and opens the same app. This makes windows startup and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShivamSingh11, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Cursor comes on last icon on desktop

Every time on start window cursor comes on last icon on desktop automatically and opens the same app. This makes windows startup and working very slow

:)

ShivamSingh11, Jun 28, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello Charles,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • Check if the Auto arrange icons is enabled, refer to the steps below:
    • Right-click on your Desktop, hover your mouse cursor to View.
    • Click on Auto arrange icons to disable the feature.
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of your Desktop icons.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Cursor comes on last icon on desktop

No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Cursor comes on last icon on desktop

1. Cursor comes on last icon on desktop - Similar Threads - Cursor comes last

2. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder: I can't click anything except last folder and last desktop icon in windows 10. Even if i try to click other folder or desktop program only the last folder or desktop program is opening .And also web pages automatically scrolls down to last .I've tried updating drivers and...
  3. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder: I can't click anything except last folder and last desktop icon in windows 10. Even if i try to click other folder or desktop program only the last folder or desktop program is opening .And also web pages automatically scrolls down to last .I've tried updating drivers and...
  4. I can able to click last desktop icon and last folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Desktop Icon come bigger after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon come bigger after last update: Dear Team ,Please find attached screenshot from my desktop after updating the system - icon size is normal even I checked that more times and also font is the normal font but icon frame become bigger and i cant roll the m together as the attached screenshot - please let me...
  6. Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back

Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back: As in the title already mentioned, the desktop icon from Qucik Access constantly keeps coming back. I already followed the regestry changes which every guide points out, but sometimes if I restart the explorer in the task manager or start a game the desktop icon keeps coming...
  7. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor: After a certain number of shortcuts the delay gets bigger with my cursor and the icon being highlighted. It's not my hardware's fault I have a good computer....
  8. Desktop icons rearranged after last update

Desktop icons rearranged after last update: My desktop icons are no longer aligned on the left edge of my desktop but are spread across the screen. Sometimes, but not always, when I move an icon it does not move to where I placed it but either stays in the original location or automatically moves somewhere else. Auto...
  9. Cursor loses control when moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor loses control when moving desktop icons: Version 1903 (OS Build 18363.535 When trying to re-arrange desktop icons the cursor often is not able to move them. This happened some time ago, but I have no recollection of the remedy. What must I do ? Thank you. And all the best for the new year. 147617
  10. Nomadic desktop icons tamed at last.

in Windows 10 Support
    Nomadic desktop icons tamed at last.: At least for the moment ..... Subsequent to downloading version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19) the icons stay where I plant them. Whether or not this version is the Fall Creators one I don't know. Perhaps it is but they've dropped the fancy name. Whatever it is, it remains...