Windows 10: Cursor crosses over to second screen

Discus and support Cursor crosses over to second screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, this started happening to me after a windows reinstall. When i play games that lock the cursor to screen 1 and i move the cursor to the right edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dusty071, Oct 30, 2017.

1. dusty071 Win User

Cursor crosses over to second screen

Hi, this started happening to me after a windows reinstall. When i play games that lock the cursor to screen 1 and i move the cursor to the right edge the arrow becomes seen on screen 2 even though its point cannot leave screen 1. Example: if i move the cursor up and down across the right edge of screen 1, the arrow can be seen moving on the left edge of screen 2 but cannot go further because its locked to screen1.

Its weird because it only happens in games (fullscreen or fullscreen windowed), not on the desktop. When on the desktop the cursor functions properly - the arrow only crosses over if its point crosses over.

Anyone know what causes this? Help greatly appreciated.

:)

dusty071, Oct 30, 2017

2. black screen with cursor over and over

Thanks for the reply. I have to complete these steps every time I want to turn on my laptop. it fixes the screen, but only lasts for 2-3 minutes before it goes black again when I'm not in safe mode. I can only see my screen in safe mode.

mattwilsonfl, Oct 30, 2017
  3. black screen with cursor over and over

Hi Matt,

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try. Click this
    link.

Let us know how it goes.

Michelle Vil, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

Cursor crosses over to second screen

1. Cursor crosses over to second screen - Similar Threads - Cursor crosses second

2. Pin not crossing over from Windows to the Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pin not crossing over from Windows to the Store: Hi Folks! I have a unique issue and I have not found a solution after poring over everything I could find. Here is the set up: We have two Win10 Computers in the home. These are mine and my wife's computers. We have two kids who are now getting into the computers. We...
  3. Can't Cursor Over To Second Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Cursor Over To Second Display: I have two displays. You know how, in "Settings", under the "Display" tab, there is a screen that shows the two displays we'll call them "The Monitor" and "The Laptop", arranged in a way so that, if they're right next to each other on the screen, that enables you to cursor...
  4. Premium Software OS cross-over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Premium Software OS cross-over: I purchased Premium Solitaire on my Windows 10 PC and could not understand why when I play on my Android phone or tablet I am seeing advertisements. I found an article,...
  5. grey cross over my files in explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    grey cross over my files in explorer: and i cant open it, how to fix ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-cross-over-my-files-in-explorer/9d1febf8-c50f-4697-8271-b7925e219535
  6. Crosses and triangles in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crosses and triangles in screen: Hi all, Since one day I find all kinds of crosses and triangles in some parts of my screen. While working on a PowerPoint presentation there are all kinds of triangles. As you can see on the left side the slide is without triangles, but viewing the slides divides...
  7. Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen: Hi, One of our users has reported a strange bug, and has us stumped. When his mouse is on his 3rd screen (laptop and two screens, using dell dock), it changes from the regular cursor to the excel cross, as if there is a spreadsheet open there. The first thing I...
  8. Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross: Windows 10 64 bit / MS Office Home and Student 2010 My cursor changed today from being an arrow to being a cross. I want the arrow back. The standard answer for fixing this seems to be: File to Options to Advanced then select Drag and Drop option. That option was ALREADY...
  9. No sound with red cross over volume tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound with red cross over volume tab: Hi there I have this no sound problems on my windows 10 Lenovo Miix 310 netbook. I have had the computer tested for hardware failures, had windows os reinstalled with all the drivers updated, tried different drivers, just about everything under the sun you can think of...
  10. Crossing over Saved Emails

in Browsers and Email
    Crossing over Saved Emails: I want to cross over saved emails from a older gmail account to another now used gmail account, damn gmail wont let me. Idea you brainy lot *Tongue ? 40922