Windows 10: Cursor disappears when opening applications

Discus and support Cursor disappears when opening applications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When opening new applications the cursor disappears on the application screen but is visible on the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinO'Doherty, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Cursor disappears when opening applications

When opening new applications the cursor disappears on the application screen but is visible on the taskbar

:)

KevinO'Doherty, Jun 7, 2019
  2. SANDYUL Win User

DISAPPEARING CURSOR

• IM USING WINDOWS 10 AND MY CURSOR DISAPPEARED AND I CANT GET IT BACK EVEN WHEN I TURN IT OFF AND BACK ON OR RESET. ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

SANDYUL, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Cursor randomly disappears within certain applications - Windows 10

I know this is an old post but I thought it would still be worthwhile responding for Windows 10 users.

Step one:

Right click on a blank part of your desktop and choose "Personalise",

Step two:

Click on "Themes",

Step three:

On the main section of the Themes settings screen, click on "Mouse cursor",

Step four:

Uncheck "Hide pointer while typing" and click "Apply" or "OK",

Your mouse cursor should no longer disappear on you.

*It could also be useful to put a check in the "Show location of pointer when I press CTRL key" option so if you don't know where your cursor is, you can find it by using the CTRL key.

Microsoft support, I suggest that you should always remember that sometimes you should check the simple solutions first before recommending driver update or creating new user profiles.

TonestarDeluxe, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Cursor disappears when opening applications

Cursor in Win10 sometimes disappears or totally locks up

Hi Burt,

The cursor movements on your Windows 10 laptop is directly controlled either by the laptop's built-in trackpad or an external mouse connected to the laptop. Device drivers that need updating could be one possible reason as to why the cursor disappears or
    stops responding. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when the cursor disappears or stops responding?
    • Does the issue only occur when using a specific application or does it occur randomly?
    • Are you using the laptops' built-in trackpad or an external mouse connected to the laptop?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 did you use to upgrade your laptop?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Cursor disappears when opening applications

1. Cursor disappears when opening applications - Similar Threads - Cursor disappears opening

2. Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window: Occasionally my mouse cursor disappears behind an application window. I am running Windows 11.I've enabled showing the cursor when pressing the Ctrl key and this still works. When I hover the place where the cursor should be over buttons etc, they still show they are...
  3. Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor sometimes disappears behind an application window: Occasionally my mouse cursor disappears behind an application window. I am running Windows 11.I've enabled showing the cursor when pressing the Ctrl key and this still works. When I hover the place where the cursor should be over buttons etc, they still show they are...
  4. cursor disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor disappears: When I have open groove music and have minecraft open at the same time whilst in minecraft my cursor disappears I've tried restarting but nothing works does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. Cursor disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor disappear: Hi!after upgrading to a new windows 10 cannot use touchpad any more,i tried with available solution i the Google, windows ,dosenot help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappear/f3b8bc64-404b-424e-8332-a8ef3e08936f
  6. Disappearing Cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing Cursor?: When I enter the window of a game that I downloaded from the internet, my cursor disappears and I am not able to interact with anything in the window. Is there a way to fix this? Is this a problem with the application or with windows? Thanks....
  7. Cursor disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor disappears: My cursor disappears while I am working on my laptop. I have to restart the computer to get it back. This happens several times a day. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears/5fee4982-cf11-4ca1-91f3-27d257bcdc37
  8. Disappearing cursor

Disappearing cursor: Recently I updated. Since then I can no longer see my cursor in Chrome but I can see it in edge. Suggestions? Thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-cursor/0a79f378-026b-4fc3-b2e0-7e6700df261f
  9. Cursor disappears when browsing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor disappears when browsing: How to make visual the cursor when browsing?- now it fades into the backfround https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappears-when-browsing/a44c991d-fbb7-4471-b6df-a8e0575a0b91
  10. my cursor disappears when switching between open apps

my cursor disappears when switching between open apps: When I have multiple pages on the desktop open one disappears when switching between the open apps. How do I fix this in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-disappears-when-switching-between-open/e71af598-723d-4e5d-bdbf-274840731113