Windows 10: Cursor does not move while using keyboard.

Discus and support Cursor does not move while using keyboard. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried to disable Palmcheck but that did no good. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, it'd really help me out. Thanks. 9835 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duhasian, Jul 29, 2015.

1. duhasian Win User

Cursor does not move while using keyboard.

I've tried to disable Palmcheck but that did no good. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, it'd really help me out. Thanks.

:)

duhasian, Jul 29, 2015

2. Numeric keypad does not move mouse cursor when Numlock is off.

Under Windows 10 OS the numeric keypad does not move mouse cursor (in an edit field) when Numlock is off it only outputs numbers. And under "Ease of Access" settings, "Mouse", "Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen" is set to on. However when
    holding CTRL and press numeric keypad key, the mouse cursor does move to the beginning of the next word.

I tried 2 keyboards and both have this issue, probably not a keyboard problem.

MChapman00, Jul 29, 2015
  3. cltmte Win User
    Cursor randomly disappears within certain applications - Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I am using Office 2007 and other applications. I have noticed that when I am in a Word document and am moving my cursor through the document it will disappear when I stop moving it (hang on there is more). If I have a
    paragraph that is in italics, the cursor does not show up at all, even when I right click or am moving the mouse. I have to guess where I am in the italicized paragraph, click the mouse, and only when I type on the keyboard do I know where I clicked and then
    have to use the arrow keys to get where I want. This disappearing cursor also occurs in other non-office programs. I have changed the mouse setting making sure I have unchecked the "hide pointer while typing" even though that does not explain why the pointer
    is not visible at all while moving the mouse in the paragraph. Any help?

Mark

cltmte, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Really1 Win User

You did not give much info for anyone to help you. : ) I'm going to guess you are running Windows 10. I would look for the most up to date driver for you keyboard and mouse pad. It sounds like you might just need to remove and reinstall your drivers. Do a restart after the uninstall and wait 5 min before the reinstall.

Really1, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Really1 Win User
    If you want real help then I need to know what computer you are talking about and what OS to start. How much do you know about installing drivers and an OS? I'm asking because if you don't know much I don't want you to crash your current OS trying to fix it.

Really1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor does not move while using keyboard. - Similar Threads - Cursor does move

2. Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?: I've tried many Youtube tutorials and even went into the control panel but it doesn't contain any settings for the touch pad, I'm having an HP Elitebook 840 G3 running windows 10 pro 21H2. I've tried also going into manual settings for the touchpad and changing sensitivity to...
  3. Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I move my touchpad while using the keyboard?: I've tried many Youtube tutorials and even went into the control panel but it doesn't contain any settings for the touch pad, I'm having an HP Elitebook 840 G3 running windows 10 pro 21H2. I've tried also going into manual settings for the touchpad and changing sensitivity to...
  4. Cursor not moving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor not moving.: No matter what I try my cursor of my computer will not move. I have tried 4 different mouse‘s. From wireless to gaming and plug in ones. I also tried holding the start key and moving with arrows. Also this computer is still on Windows 7. But I cannot do anything because it...
  5. Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor moves to the left by itself while typing: I've windows 10 and in the recent past, my keyboard and mouse cursor is acting crazy. Like when I use keys such as backspace, number keys above the letters number pad while typing cursor automatically jumps to the left and it is really frustrating when I'm writing an email....
  6. While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left

While typing keyboard cursor keeps moving left: Hello This problem is driving me nuts. I use ASUS Zen book win 10 home. I also use blue tooth Logitech mouse and keyboard. While typing a word in firefox address bar or in viber, after two or three letters, the cursor shifts automatically to the left sometimes. This problem...
  7. can't move my mouse while using the keyboard

can't move my mouse while using the keyboard: HP 255 G7 Notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-my-mouse-while-using-the-keyboard/596bb7c7-122f-4136-8cdf-533f001c1f0d
  8. moving cursor between multiple creens with keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    moving cursor between multiple creens with keyboard: HI, I use two screens and would like to be able to switch the cursor's position between screens using the keyboard instead of my mouse. Are there any key shortcuts for this? at the moment I have to do a lot of manual dragging of the cursor with mouse. I'd like to be able to...
  9. cursor not moving

cursor not moving: on my computer the cursor is not moving right when I get on it it just stops moving or sometimes just jump around my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving/d590b4f6-bc8d-4216-a64d-16a9dca3f07d
  10. Moving cursor while typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving cursor while typing: When I am typing, emails, chat msgs, etc and I am careful to avoid the touchpad, my cursor will automatically move back to the front or middle of verbiage I have already typed, and cause over typing. 44976

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor will not move using keyboard

2. cursor not moving ctrl

3. When I type the cursor does not move.

4. cursor not moving using keyboard,
  5. cursor not moving arabic windows,
  6. why cant my cursor move while I am using the keypad to move my cursor on the computerwindow 10