Cursor does not move while using keyboard.

Discus and support Cursor does not move while using keyboard. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I've tried to disable Palmcheck but that did no good. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, it'd really help me out. Thanks. 9835 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duhasian, Jul 29, 2015.

1. duhasian Win User

I've tried to disable Palmcheck but that did no good. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, it'd really help me out. Thanks.

:)

duhasian, Jul 29, 2015
  2. MChapman00 Win User

Numeric keypad does not move mouse cursor when Numlock is off.

Under Windows 10 OS the numeric keypad does not move mouse cursor (in an edit field) when Numlock is off it only outputs numbers. And under "Ease of Access" settings, "Mouse", "Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen" is set to on. However when
    holding CTRL and press numeric keypad key, the mouse cursor does move to the beginning of the next word.

I tried 2 keyboards and both have this issue, probably not a keyboard problem.

MChapman00, Jul 29, 2015
  3. cltmte Win User
    Cursor randomly disappears within certain applications - Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I am using Office 2007 and other applications. I have noticed that when I am in a Word document and am moving my cursor through the document it will disappear when I stop moving it (hang on there is more). If I have a
    paragraph that is in italics, the cursor does not show up at all, even when I right click or am moving the mouse. I have to guess where I am in the italicized paragraph, click the mouse, and only when I type on the keyboard do I know where I clicked and then
    have to use the arrow keys to get where I want. This disappearing cursor also occurs in other non-office programs. I have changed the mouse setting making sure I have unchecked the "hide pointer while typing" even though that does not explain why the pointer
    is not visible at all while moving the mouse in the paragraph. Any help?

Mark

cltmte, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Really1 Win User

You did not give much info for anyone to help you. : ) I'm going to guess you are running Windows 10. I would look for the most up to date driver for you keyboard and mouse pad. It sounds like you might just need to remove and reinstall your drivers. Do a restart after the uninstall and wait 5 min before the reinstall.

Really1, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Really1 Win User
    If you want real help then I need to know what computer you are talking about and what OS to start. How much do you know about installing drivers and an OS? I'm asking because if you don't know much I don't want you to crash your current OS trying to fix it.

Really1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cursor does not move while using keyboard. - Similar Threads - Cursor does move

Forum Date

Blank screen with mouse cursor only after upgrading to 1803

Blank screen with mouse cursor only after upgrading to 1803: My friend has a two-year-old Lenovo G40-70 laptop and it was upgraded to Windows version 1803 recently. Upon restart from the upgrade it only presents a blank desktop and a movable mouse cursor. Tried to boot into laptop with low resolution/safe mode gives the same result....
Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade Thursday at 8:12 AM

After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.: Previously had this issue: Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update. After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor would jump to the screen end. Now just updated to 1803, first thing wanted to check if this bug is fixed. It is fixed, I can...
Windows 10 Support Wednesday at 12:24 PM

Cursor FX problem

Cursor FX problem: I had purchased CursorFX by Stardock & it does work, but when i bring up the start menu,the cursor is behind the menu and the Windows cursor attaches to the cursor FX cursor. It doesn't do it in any other window & the windows default cursor is fine. I have now uninstalled the...
Windows 10 Software and Apps May 24, 2018

Unresponsive cursor when USB 3 drives connected. The fix is weird.

Unresponsive cursor when USB 3 drives connected. The fix is weird.: It certainly is an interesting one, and one that ranks up there with the best of the weird faults I encountered as an electronics service tech.
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Apr 5, 2018

Cursor moves backwards

Cursor moves backwards: Is is a Synaptics device? If so, you have to remove ALL drivers and software which will normally be found in Programs and Features and reinstall a totally fresh driver from Synaptics. If that also wont install then there is something somewhere else going on.
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Apr 5, 2018

Problem with cursor disappearing

Problem with cursor disappearing: Got a new laptop yesterday - MSI GS63 7RD Stealth, running Windows 10. Was working great for a couple of hours, fast and as expected. I then downloaded Minecraft, and downloaded a shader pack (a well-known one from the legit source). Opened Minecraft, major lag, froze....
Windows 10 Support Apr 5, 2018

Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move)

Windows 10 momentary freeze hang unresponsive (mouse cursor does move): Occasionally my PC will stop for a few seconds. NOTHING (other than mouse pointer) will respond for about 10 seconds, BUT when it does start responding again, whatever I tried to do during the hang, whether I had pressed START or ctrl/alt/dlt or whatever, will now pop up...
Windows 10 Support Sep 28, 2016
Cursor does not move while using keyboard. solved