Cursor does not move while using keyboard.

Discus and support Cursor does not move while using keyboard. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried to disable Palmcheck but that did no good. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, it'd really help me out. Thanks. 9835 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duhasian, Jul 29, 2015.

1. duhasian Win User

I've tried to disable Palmcheck but that did no good. If anyone has any idea how to solve this, it'd really help me out. Thanks.

:)

duhasian, Jul 29, 2015
  2. MChapman00 Win User

Numeric keypad does not move mouse cursor when Numlock is off.

Under Windows 10 OS the numeric keypad does not move mouse cursor (in an edit field) when Numlock is off it only outputs numbers. And under "Ease of Access" settings, "Mouse", "Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen" is set to on. However when
    holding CTRL and press numeric keypad key, the mouse cursor does move to the beginning of the next word.

I tried 2 keyboards and both have this issue, probably not a keyboard problem.

MChapman00, Jul 29, 2015
  3. cltmte Win User
    Cursor randomly disappears within certain applications - Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I am using Office 2007 and other applications. I have noticed that when I am in a Word document and am moving my cursor through the document it will disappear when I stop moving it (hang on there is more). If I have a
    paragraph that is in italics, the cursor does not show up at all, even when I right click or am moving the mouse. I have to guess where I am in the italicized paragraph, click the mouse, and only when I type on the keyboard do I know where I clicked and then
    have to use the arrow keys to get where I want. This disappearing cursor also occurs in other non-office programs. I have changed the mouse setting making sure I have unchecked the "hide pointer while typing" even though that does not explain why the pointer
    is not visible at all while moving the mouse in the paragraph. Any help?

Mark

cltmte, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Really1 Win User

You did not give much info for anyone to help you. : ) I'm going to guess you are running Windows 10. I would look for the most up to date driver for you keyboard and mouse pad. It sounds like you might just need to remove and reinstall your drivers. Do a restart after the uninstall and wait 5 min before the reinstall.

Really1, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Really1 Win User
    If you want real help then I need to know what computer you are talking about and what OS to start. How much do you know about installing drivers and an OS? I'm asking because if you don't know much I don't want you to crash your current OS trying to fix it.

Really1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor does not move while using keyboard. - Similar Threads - Cursor does move

2. Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth: I use the microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard. The problem is it goes to sleep if not being used for around 10 minutes. It then takes at least 10-15 minutes of messing around with bluetooth to get it to reconnect again (turning bluetooth and the keyboard on and off again,...
  3. Steelseries Apex 100 usb gaming keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 update

Steelseries Apex 100 usb gaming keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 update: Steelseries Apex 100 usb gaming keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/steelseries-apex-100-usb-gaming-keyboard-not/48276ac3-2e9a-499e-97cd-a130a3f28761
  4. KB4343909 does not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4343909 does not complete: Yesterday 8/14 this monthly update started at some point. 4 hours after I noticed, it was still running and did not complete. This morning 8/15 - It ran all night without completing, I restored my system from Backup and restarted. Immediately ran chkdsk. Windows...
  5. Win10 keyboard problem computer

Win10 keyboard problem computer: How do i get my computer to stop typing the - symbol when i try and use the Slash? The ? is now the dash + shift... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/win10-keyboard-problem-computer/8a64e62f-4e7e-494b-918f-d24f9208392c
  6. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?: My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer. I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch...
  7. Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot

Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot: Hello, (The keyboard I have if a SUMVISION Sonic Wave) After reinstalling Windows 10 Home 64-Bit I've noticed that the lights on my keyboard only turn on after I've got to the login screen. Inputs are also disabled till then, therefore I can't get into the BIOS (I have a...
  8. Cannot attach files in OWA using IE, Firefox or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot attach files in OWA using IE, Firefox or Chrome: I am on Windows 10 and unable to attach files using Exchange Web Mail. When I click attachment option, nothing happens. I tried in Edge, IE, FireFox and Chrome and all have same behavior. I am on latest SilverLight version. Please let me know if this issue is still pending....
  9. Can i use OS Windows 10 without license for free?

Can i use OS Windows 10 without license for free?: i need a windows 10 just for printer, and typing for work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-i-use-os-windows-10-without-license-for-free/acd33008-05cd-4164-8e5e-af4b67010588
  10. mouse and keyboard

mouse and keyboard: when I turn on my asus laptop which has windows 10 installed, it doesn't ask for password but directly turns on and take me to the desktop. But then leftclick of touchpad doesn't work, External USB mouse works just fine. but then i have to press ctrl+alt+del to sign out. Now...