Windows 10: Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad.

Discus and support Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Normally when I am selecting text on a browser, as I start selecting text by double tapping on my touchpad and dragging my finger till the cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WideVacuum, May 25, 2020.

1. Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad.

Normally when I am selecting text on a browser, as I start selecting text by double tapping on my touchpad and dragging my finger till the cursor reaches the required end of text. If the text was too long, after my finger reached the edge of the touchpad, the cursor used to keep moving in the direction I was previously dragging. So even if i stop my finger at the edge, the cursor proceeded to select more text until i lifted my finger from touchpad.

It's been a week, this isn't happening. When my finger reaches the end(edge) of touchpad, the cursor too stops at its position. So I'm now restricted to select text which is within a certain boundary where my track pad can reach. I can't continuously move my cursor beyond the area of my touchpad. Please help me if you can.

submitted by /u/WideVacuum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WideVacuum, May 25, 2020

2. Touchpad driver, that uses 2 separate fingers for clicking and moving?

The task

1. Place a file in the middle of your desktop.
    2. Move your cursor to the top left corner of your desktop.
    3. Move your cursor to the bottom right corner of your desktop, while grabbing the file in the middle.

The problem

If you use a regular mouse, you are able to do it in only 1 wrist move, plus 1 finger move. (Wrist: move from top-left to bottom-right. Finger: press the mouse button and hold it.) It's fast, so it's okay.

If you use a touchpad, you need to stop the movement in the middle, so that you can click and move again. Normally, it's not annoying. But if you do a lot drag-and-drop, or paint, it's reaaally slow.

My idea

Forget the regular one-finger touchpad usage. Get used to using two fingers. The middle finger is always on the touchpad, this is the positioning finger: the cursor moves as usual. And here comes the twist. The index finger is used only for clicking. So that you can move your middle finger as fast as you want, without having to stop for a click. This way you can do the task above like this:

1. Put your middle finger on the touchpad.
    2. Move it to the top left corner.
    3. While moving it to the bottom right corner, put your index finger on the touchpad as well, and move it together with your middle finger.

The questions

1. Does such a touchpad/driver exist?
    2. Is there an alternative solution, that makes it possible as well to
      click with a touchpad, without having to stop the movement?
      (Touchpads with physical buttons are irrelevant, because they
      require 2 hands.)
    3. Is it a good idea?
    4. What should I learn to be able to make a custom driver for my Logitech T650, on Windows 10?

Tamás Bolvári, May 25, 2020
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger
    5. Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    6. (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    7. Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, May 25, 2020
  4. Hircarra Win User

Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad.

Touchpad cursor keeps moving in the same direction for a second after I stop

It's like the touchpad is sensing the width of my fingertip and something thinks the cursor should reach the end of the detected-surface of my fingertip before it should stop, even after I've stopped moving my finger. This isn't a normal experience with laptops. How can I go about making the cursor, like other laptops, stop when I stop my finger? To be clear, the cursor stops when I take my finger off the touchpad, but it keeps going for a second when I stop my finger and my finger is still touching the touchpad, again, like it's trying to reach the end of the detected-surface of my fingertip before it stops.

Hircarra, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad.

1. Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad. - Similar Threads - Cursor doesn't continue

2. Touchpad not moving with using single finger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not moving with using single finger?: I can't move my cursor using touchpad but when I use 2 fingers its moving it stop when I use single finger to move. before touchpad was Working properly but now i need 2 fingers to move or tap. I tried everything reset touchpad but still same problem....
  3. Touchpad not moving with using single finger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not moving with using single finger?: I can't move my cursor using touchpad but when I use 2 fingers its moving it stop when I use single finger to move. before touchpad was Working properly but now i need 2 fingers to move or tap. I tried everything reset touchpad but still same problem....
  4. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  5. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  6. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad

Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad: Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad. I can't accurately click stuff on my screen if the touchpad moves everywhere. Got BSOD recently, reset my computer and the problem persists!Ideapad S410, ELAN...
  8. Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks: Hi guys, my gf has a problem with her laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN) while everyday using or playing games: sometimes when she clicks somewhere on the screen, the desktop instantly shows up and she's unable to do anything with mouse aside from moving the cursor around (i...
  9. Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves

Synapstic Touchpad 3-4 finger moves: In my gaming laptop, I couldn't use 3 and 3 finger gestures. I install Windows 3 times by the way, it was always same. I installed the latest Synapstic drivers. I found a soultioun online which is: "I used Regedit to fix the problem Press Win and type Regedit and Navigate...
  10. cursor moved itself on touchpad

cursor moved itself on touchpad: My laptope model is Asus A45vd. After i installed windows 10, when i used my touchpad, the cursor was moving itself without me moved my finger on the touchpad. May i know what is going on? May i know how can i solve this issue as this has been irrating me for several days?...