Windows 10: Cursor Drift

Discus and support Cursor Drift in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone else have excessive cursor drift after installing W10? I am using a laptop with a touchpad, but I find the cursor always wants to drift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Penny Dreadful, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Cursor Drift

Does anyone else have excessive cursor drift after installing W10?

I am using a laptop with a touchpad, but I find the cursor always wants to drift upwards.
    Have tried many online so called "Cures" but so far nothing has worked.
    It's at it's worst when I am playing solitaire or doing the jigsaw puzzles (Don't judge) *Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin

:)

Penny Dreadful, Aug 31, 2015

2. Cursor

My cursor is drifting. How can I fix it?

TomMcCarthy1951, Aug 31, 2015
  3. drifting / uncontrollable cursor

Anthony's response is not helpful. The solution he pointed to does not work and I would advise everyone to run the other way from his so-called solution.

HighlyFrustrated25, Aug 31, 2015
  4. max22 Win User

Cursor Drift

Hi, I have and am experiencing same problem as yours; have you received any effective advice? Thanks for any response

max22, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

Cursor Drift

1. Cursor Drift - Similar Threads - Cursor Drift

2. Windows 10 Home: Cursor highlights character when I move it with arrow keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home: Cursor highlights character when I move it with arrow keys: How can I fix this? video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEKW5PZW4dg&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1CJ_gl9yDmxaRK65lbC0hhfDt9rDyQ4k6T3Shg32aITNL1YQX4LdByCug...
  3. Losing your pointer/cursor while working on a Word Document on an ASUS X540SAMaybe, etc.,...

in Cortana
    Losing your pointer/cursor while working on a Word Document on an ASUS X540SAMaybe, etc.,...: If you've had the horrible experience of your pointer/cursor disappearing while working on an important time sensitive document like I have, I've stumble on one solution that you might be able to use depending on the specific circumstances I'm going to describe for you. I...
  4. Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and...

Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and...: Hello, Can someone help please? We have an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop running Windows 10 but following a system update it will not complete the boot-up routine; it just gives an empty blue-screen with only the cursor visible and movable. It did try conducting a 'self-repair'...
  5. Updated to Windows 10 today and getting issues with display scaling and mouse cursor on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to Windows 10 today and getting issues with display scaling and mouse cursor on...: So I updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 today and at first I loved it, it was working great. I loaded up a game where the mouse should never exit the game (think an FPS game where your mouse should always be in the center). Text was a bit small so I turned display scaling...
  6. Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot

Gray screen w/ mouse cursor on boot: Hello, Today when I went to go turn on my computer, my PC booted into a gray screen w/ just a mouse cursor. I first tried to unplug all USB devices and unplug the power for 30 sec, but that did not work. I have installed Windows onto a USB drive and tried to get into BIOS to...
  7. Weird window appears if I leave my cursor for a while on the Taskbar, anyone know what it...

Weird window appears if I leave my cursor for a while on the Taskbar, anyone know what it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Keagel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hir3io/weird_window_appears_if_i_leave_my_cursor_for_a/
  8. mouse cursor slowly drifting automatically

mouse cursor slowly drifting automatically: happenes on my desktop pc, its not a hardware issue, mouse working fine on my laptops. also if i remove the mouse, the cursor still moves slowly without a mouse attached! definately a windows issue. does any1 had this before? submitted by /u/qjay [link] [comments]...
  9. Drifting cursor with a brand new Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drifting cursor with a brand new Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: I just bought the Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard & mouse set. When the mouse is turned on, the cursor drifts to the top right of my screen. I've restarted, checked the batteries, made sure there's no lint confusing the mouse's optics, moved the receiver to a different port,...
  10. Drifting cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Drifting cursor: Could anybody help with a drifting cursor problem that is making working on my Sony Vaio laptop very frustrating and time consuming; the cursor has a mind of his own, it tends to move in any direction at random and if I am in Explorer, at times, it transfers files from one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 cursor drifting