Windows 10: Cursor flickering and stuck at the corner of the screen

Discus and support Cursor flickering and stuck at the corner of the screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I found a lot of posts on here that describes this problem - that the cursor flickers and stuck around some corner of the screen. Struggling with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephYW, Mar 18, 2020.

1. JosephYW Win User

Cursor flickering and stuck at the corner of the screen

I found a lot of posts on here that describes this problem - that the cursor flickers and stuck around some corner of the screen. Struggling with this problem for two days, I was finally able to resolve it myself. I'm hoping this post could help someone else in need. This post is trying to synthesize some solutions out there & add my own.

#1 Always check the connection of the mouse; and restart to see if the problem is solved. Yet I bet you've already tried it - or you wouldn't be here.

#2 Run a System File checker and/or a Troubleshooter. Chances are they're not gonna help, but it's always good to check. There're plenty of posts out there detailing the process, so I won't belabor the process.

#3 This is where I come in: under Device Manager - Human Interface Devices, try disabling "HID-Compliant Pen". That's what saved me. I found out because my cursor, while stuck on the top left, does not appear to be a little arrow; instead, it shows up as a little tiny diamond - a shape resembling what it's like using a pen on the touchscreen. I later found out I have a pretty old HP pen lying around, so that might be interfering with the laptop, but who knows.If this doesn't help, I recommend disabling and re-abling some other Human Interface Devices drivers just in case.

#4 Try resetting the PC. Don't do this if you haven't tried #3 - coz resetting does not seem to solve driver problems.

:)

JosephYW, Mar 18, 2020

2. Cursor flickering and stuck at the top left corner of the screen

A lot of times when I am just on my laptop not doing anything to start the problem, the cursor gets "stuck" at the top left corner of my touch screen and when I try to move the mouse around it flickers and sometimes won't let me click on anything. The
    only way to get it away from the corner is to use my hand to try and "pull it off" of the corner using the touch screen. It has gotten so bad that it happens about every 10-30 minutes, sometimes even more. It doesn't affect what I'm doing too much, it just
    takes a while to drag it off and get it unstuck that it is just very annoying. If it helps, I have a Fujitsu LIFEBOOK T Series and I am not using an external mouse, just the regular touchpad.

caro.1cagl, Mar 18, 2020
  3. stuck and flickering mouse in left hand corner of screen

stuck and flickering mouse in left hand corner of screen

alandeane1, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Cursor flickering and stuck at the corner of the screen

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Cursor flickering and stuck at the corner of the screen

1. Cursor flickering and stuck at the corner of the screen - Similar Threads - Cursor flickering stuck

2. Screen flickering with logo in corner of laptop screen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering with logo in corner of laptop screen?: I started up my laptop and found that the left of my screen is flickering white with what looks like the Dell logo in the top left corner. Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it?...
  3. Screen flickering with logo in corner of laptop screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering with logo in corner of laptop screen?: I started up my laptop and found that the left of my screen is flickering white with what looks like the Dell logo in the top left corner. Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it?...
  4. Screen flickering with logo in corner of laptop screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen Flickering when moving cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering when moving cursor: So, when I start the laptop, the screen is fine until I move the mouse. The moment the cursor appears on the screen, it starts flickering. My laptop is touch screen so when I touch anywhere on the screen the cursor disappears when touch is used, the screen stops flickering. I...
  6. My cursor is stuck at the top left corner of the screen

My cursor is stuck at the top left corner of the screen: Hey Microsoft team. I'm having a bit of trouble with a Razer DeathAdder Essential Mouse I purchased a while ago. When I plug in the device, the cursor on the screen immedately jumps to the top left corner and stays trapped there. There is no way to move it whatsoever. I tried...
  7. Cursor stuck in Bottom Right Hand Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor stuck in Bottom Right Hand Corner: So I’ve been trying to fix this problem on and off for about a day. I don’t really know how it started by my cursor jumped to the bottom corner of my screen. When I try to move it it flickers back to the same spot. I can’t go very far before it goes back to the same spot. The...
  8. Cursor flickering and stuck at the top left corner of the screen

Cursor flickering and stuck at the top left corner of the screen: A lot of times when I am just on my laptop not doing anything to start the problem, the cursor gets "stuck" at the top left corner of my touch screen and when I try to move the mouse around it flickers and sometimes won't let me click on anything. The only way to get it away...
  9. Cursor is flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor is flickering: Please help me with the following issue. My cursor starts flickering when I try to copy paste so I receive a screenshot of all my laptop screen instead of the text I want to copy paste. When the cursor is flickering, I am unable to use Ctrl +C and Ctrl+v buttons but if I...
  10. Mouse cursor keeps getting stuck in bottom right corner of screen

Mouse cursor keeps getting stuck in bottom right corner of screen: My mouse keeps going to the bottom right corner of the screen. My touchpad works just fine, but whenever I move my mouse the cursor instantly goes to the bottom right and I have no clue how to fix this. I've had this mouse for a while and this problem happened out of nowhere....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my mouse stuck in the bottom left corner

2. mouse jumping to bottom right of screen screen fickering

3. A Flickering Arrow With A Mid Plus Sign On The Fore Left Upper Screen Of A Tasen t183 Suggests What?

4. mouse cursor stuck and flickering bottom left of screen