Windows 10: cursor freezes and jumps intermittently , cannot input text by ketboard

Discus and support cursor freezes and jumps intermittently , cannot input text by ketboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; An error taking place with cursor sticks at various place on the monitor and sometimes the pointer jumps all around the screen .I cannot write or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sanjay 25 kumar sharma, Jul 21, 2018.

1. cursor freezes and jumps intermittently , cannot input text by ketboard

An error taking place with cursor sticks at various place on the monitor and sometimes the pointer jumps all around the screen .I cannot write or search anything with frozen and jumping cursor .

:)

sanjay 25 kumar sharma, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Mooly Win User

Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

That sounds like a more deep seated issue, perhaps something you have installed is intermittently running and using all available resources.

It may be worth you opening Task Manager (Press Ctrl > Shift >Esc together) and see if anything unusual appears. This shows task manager, the spike was when I opened it, all is quiet afterwards. If you have lots of CPU or Disk activity then click the appropriate item and see what is using all the resources. You can also view the 'Processes' tab in Task Manager which will list what is using what.

cursor freezes and jumps intermittently , cannot input text by ketboard [​IMG]

cursor freezes and jumps intermittently , cannot input text by ketboard [​IMG]

Mooly, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 21, 2018
  4. LexGrant Win User

cursor freezes and jumps intermittently , cannot input text by ketboard

Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

Hi,

The cursor on my laptop freezes every few seconds when I move it. This happens with both my bluetooth mouse and my inbuilt touchpad. I know the laptop is freezing and not just the cursor because if I run an app with a progress bar it also freezes at the same time as the cursor. The freezing only seems to happen when I move the cursor.

The freezing is just momentary (like it pauses for a second and then goes on as normal). I do not have to do anything to get it to unfreeze.

I have tried re-installing the drivers for mouse and touch pad.

I have defragged and cleaned up the HD.

I have tried doing a system restore but just get an error (I only have 1 restore point because I stupidly deleted them to create space I didnt need in case it was a space issue).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

LexGrant, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

cursor freezes and jumps intermittently , cannot input text by ketboard

1. cursor freezes and jumps intermittently , cannot input text by ketboard - Similar Threads - cursor freezes jumps

2. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  3. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  4. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Text Input Cursor is a Black Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Input Cursor is a Black Box: [ATTACH] As seen in the screen shot, the insert cursor is thicker than usual, the image hasn't been enhanced. It flickers like the normal cursor I have this problem on many places, file explorer, word, and inserting password etc All help appreciated....
  6. cursor jump

cursor jump: I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to type Microsoft Community and sometimes I will get something like MicrosCommuoft unity. That is the worst part. Next worst...
  7. Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location

Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location: Mouse cursor/pointer jumps abruptly from current/last position to the position where the text insertion cursor is on the screen. At times it even jumps to some random location on screen, either at bottom or left top corner. This issue has been observed almost across all...
  8. Cursor freezes and/or jumps around erratically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor freezes and/or jumps around erratically: Ever since I downloaded the most recent Microsoft upgrade in Sept or Oct 2019, my cursor using my touchpad freezes all the time and/or jumps around closing tabs and opening tabs. I have tried every "fix" suggestion online that I could find but nothing has helped. Please...
  9. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.: While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any...
  10. Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement: Hi, The cursor on my laptop freezes every few seconds when I move it. This happens with both my bluetooth mouse and my inbuilt touchpad. I know the laptop is freezing and not just the cursor because if I run an app with a progress bar it also freezes at the same time as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. e5-511p cursor hangs intermittently