Windows 10: Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down

Discus and support Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I could find nothing in the update which indicated a problem. Since the occurrence is so rare I'll take a wait and see approach for now. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Ed, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down

I could find nothing in the update which indicated a problem. Since the occurrence is so rare I'll take a wait and see approach for now.

Mr Ed, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Mr Ed Win User

The problem begins with the mouse cursor freezing. Even the light on the mouse bottom goes out. In addition, the touch pad ceases operating. In the past I needed to initiate a hard shutdown of the PC, then restart it. Today, after the cursor problem began, after a minute or so, My computer shut itself down. After restarting, everything is back to normal. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks in advance

Toshiba Satellite laptop L55-A5226
    Windows 10, Ver 1709

:)

Mr Ed, Apr 14, 2018
  3. motleab Win User
    Windows 10 Freezing Randomly

my windows freezes up occasionally. The touchpad or mouse doesn't work, although the cursor continues to blink. I go to Task Manager and shut it down and often lose info. But it will start back up again after that.

motleab, Apr 14, 2018
  4. mike48632 Win User

Windows 10 is a failure

The preview version worked great this full version is horrible it constantly freezes with just a circling cursor and the only way out is a hard shut down. Free is not good enough Microsoft should be paying use to use this. The last time my PC was this
    unstable I was using Windows 98 I have no choice but to go back to Windows 7

mike48632, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Hi Mr Ed.

Anything in reliability history?

Any drivers recently delivered my MS, will be listed in Update History, near bottom?

So how long has this been going on since you said in the past?

If you go into device manager is your touchpad being identified properly? (I worked on a Toshiba and it was reporting a Lenovo touchpad which is wrong.)

While you are in device manager look in the mouse section and keyboard section and see if there are any hidden devices. To do this click on view at top and click on Show hidden devices. Then expand sections. If there are hidden devices remove them please.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 14, 2018
  6. Mr Ed Win User
    Hi Ken. Thanks for reply. I checked both the mouse and touchpad in Device Mgr, as you suggested. Both are fine and have latest drivers. The problem doesn't recur often. Last time may have been months ago. But this time the computer shut itself off. I did receive an update from MS a few days ago. I'll look into the update as suggested. Thanks again.

Mr Ed, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down - Similar Threads - Cursor Freezes Shuts

2. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  3. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  4. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  5. PC shut down and freezing problem

PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  6. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. freezing and shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  8. freezing and shutting down.

freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  9. What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down

What causes pc to freeze Not shutting down: Hello friends. I just bought a gaming computer and after 2 or 3 days started to freeze. i give back to place i bought it and they said its motherboard and they gave me another one. Next day same thing happened can anyone help me please. when it freezes everything seems normal...
  10. shuts down as it freezes

shuts down as it freezes: I can only have it up for 5 min maybe. Then it freezes up, after a few moments it shuts it self off and need to restart. This computer is not used very much at all. I am a Senior, and use it to pay bills, and shop once in a while....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc freeze and shut down

2. dragon mania legends mouse freezes