Windows 10: Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of...

Discus and support Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dell inspiron 15 cursor freezes randomly and without pressing a key it doesn't move. When I am writing on wordpad or MS Word, it automatically jumps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aridas, Jul 11, 2020.

1. aridas Win User

Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of...

My dell inspiron 15 cursor freezes randomly and without pressing a key it doesn't move. When I am writing on wordpad or MS Word, it automatically jumps at the end of the page, I cannot type properly because it randomly moves.

My keyboard is working fine.

When my laptop is opening a blue box like thing and 'f12 boot options' appearing on the dell logo page. I haven't noticed it before.

I have reset the laptop, reinstalled driver, updated drivers, changed mouse settings , did troubleshoot but nothing has solved the problem. Ihave not tried an usb or wireless mouse.

Is it because of the touchpad or hardware issue? How to fix it? Please help.

:)

aridas, Jul 11, 2020

2. Cursor moves when pressing direction keys

I am working on a Lenovo ideapad 330, with the latest windows 10 (1903). When I press the regular direction keys on my keyboard, my cursor moves in the direction I am pressing. I would like my cursor not to move when I press the direction keys. How can
    I stop this behavior?

Thank you,

Yehuda

yehudarimon, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Cursor moves when pressing direction keys

Try turning scroll lock to ‘On’.

Press the Windows key on your keyboard & in the box that appears, type Ease of Access mouse settings and press enter.

In the Mouse Keys section, toggle the switch under ‘Use numeric pad to move mouse around the screen’ to ‘Off’.

Press Alt+F4 to exit this menu.

Or:

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run box & type ms-settings: and press enter.

In your Settings window, the text cursor is already in the search box. Type "mouse keys." Press the down arrow on your keyboard to select the first suggestion, ‘Control the mouse pointer with the keyboard’.

Click enter & The Ease of Use settings for your mouse is opened, then to turn off Mouse Keys to use the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer. Press Space to toggle the button to the off.

Time Lady, Jul 11, 2020
  4. LexGrant Win User

Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of...

Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

Hi,

The cursor on my laptop freezes every few seconds when I move it. This happens with both my bluetooth mouse and my inbuilt touchpad. I know the laptop is freezing and not just the cursor because if I run an app with a progress bar it also freezes at the same time as the cursor. The freezing only seems to happen when I move the cursor.

The freezing is just momentary (like it pauses for a second and then goes on as normal). I do not have to do anything to get it to unfreeze.

I have tried re-installing the drivers for mouse and touch pad.

I have defragged and cleaned up the HD.

I have tried doing a system restore but just get an error (I only have 1 restore point because I stupidly deleted them to create space I didnt need in case it was a space issue).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

LexGrant, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Cursor freezes, not works without pressing a key. Cursor moving automatically at the end of... - Similar Threads - Cursor freezes works

2. Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my cursor move while I press a key?: I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I am trying to play some games that require me to press keys while moving/clicking the touch pad but my cursor won't move when I press a key. I have gone into settings and control panel trying to fix this myself from research but I can't find the...
  3. Cursor is moving left automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor is moving left automatically.: Sir./ madam I have recently Flashed windows 11 in my pc . and I am facing a problem. That Cursor is moving left automatically. I have tried by uninstalling driver to fix this issue. I got failed. Please help me. Is there any file or s/w corrupted.?...
  4. Cursor is moving left automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor is moving left automatically.: Sir./ madam I have recently Flashed windows 11 in my pc . and I am facing a problem. That Cursor is moving left automatically. I have tried by uninstalling driver to fix this issue. I got failed. Please help me. Is there any file or s/w corrupted.?...
  5. Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor wont move when I press a key on my keyboard.: My mouse cursor wont move when I press a key, I noticed this after creating a new Profile on my Laptop and tried to play a game but couldn't move and use my mouse at the same time...
  6. Del, home, end and pagedown moves cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Del, home, end and pagedown moves cursor: I've looked all over the internet for a solution but can't find anything regarding these keys moving the cursor instead of just functioning like they're supposed to. Anyone got any ideas on what i can do? submitted by /u/tellio1000 [link] [comments]...
  7. Cursor freeze and automatic typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor freeze and automatic typing: I have 2 problems with my laptop running on Windows 7. 1 The cursor freezes after every few minutes works fine after you press ALT+TAB, 2 The key ' starts typing automatically like..'''''''''...
  8. cursor not moving when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89
  9. WINDOWS KEY + END DOES NOT MOVE CURSOR TO THE END OF A DOCUMENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS KEY + END DOES NOT MOVE CURSOR TO THE END OF A DOCUMENT: WINDOWS KEY + END DOES NOT MOVE CURSOR TO THE END OF A DOCUMENT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10/98bda4cd-73a9-4de6-9456-27c44cd0a6a7
  10. I can't move cursor while pressing a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't move cursor while pressing a key: I recently upgraded Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.0. I have tried reinstalling Synaptics, removing and uninstalling Synaptics, disabling palmcheck, but it wouldn't work. It's annoying when you are playing a game that requires moving while pressing keys on your keyboard. I also...