Windows 10: Cursor freezes on notification since last build drop

Discus and support Cursor freezes on notification since last build drop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My cursor freezes for several seconds while some kind of notification get sent to the computer. I do not actually see a message, but I get that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LindaWallers1, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Cursor freezes on notification since last build drop

My cursor freezes for several seconds while some kind of notification get sent to the computer. I do not actually see a message, but I get that six-note tone (three notes down, pause, three notes ending up), after which the freeze releases the cursor. this has only started since the last time I updated software, about two weeks ago. It is more than annoying. I have read several other posts about cursor freeze, but they are all old and probably solved by now. This is recent. So, why is this happening and how can I get it to stop?

:)

LindaWallers1, Oct 10, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 10, 2018
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Cursor freezes on notification since last build drop

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Cursor freezes on notification since last build drop

1. Cursor freezes on notification since last build drop - Similar Threads - Cursor freezes notification

2. Significant FPS drops in games since last week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant FPS drops in games since last week.: I have a laptop running Win 11 for a year. I have been using it for occasional gaming without any problems, the performance was always decent and very stable when plugged in. Since last week I have been getting significant FPS drops. The same games that used to run with 50-60...
  3. Significant FPS drops in games since last week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant FPS drops in games since last week.: I have a laptop running Win 11 for a year. I have been using it for occasional gaming without any problems, the performance was always decent and very stable when plugged in. Since last week I have been getting significant FPS drops. The same games that used to run with 50-60...
  4. Cursor moves by itself since last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moves by itself since last Windows 10 update: Since my last Windows 10 update, occasionally the cursor pointer will suddenly start moving on its own toward the left of the screen. I'm not using the mouse or touchpad when it happens. I've never seen this before in all my decades of using Windows. I ran 3 anti-virus...
  5. Computer freezing daily since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing daily since last update: My machine has been freezing daily since the last update, it never did that before. I tried looking online to see how to diagnose the issue but have not been successful. Has anyone else been having the same problem? Is Microsoft aware of this? Any plans to fix or diagnose it?...
  6. Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze.

Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze.: Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze when Advertisements change. Mouse function stops and if you move the cursor to a different spot, your last click will happen where the cursor is located thus causing errors in the game...
  7. File explorer freezing since the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezing since the last update: I have been unable to use File Explorer since yesterday, coinciding with the installation of update KB4570505. File Explorer will open and run for a few seconds before freezing and displaying "not responding". I am unable to uninstall the update. I tried running a sfc...
  8. Freezes since last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes since last update: I updated to the last update and when i turn on the computer in the first time my mouse freezes when move it and the sound has microshutering. If i tried to restart the computer not restart, stays on the screen restarting... I force the power off and in the second post, the...
  9. Windows freezing since last update

Windows freezing since last update: Ever since my last update, my screen freezes and allows no action either by mouse or keyboard. Letting it sit does not work. I have had to re-start to get out of the screen. This happens across the board, not just in a browser. Do I just wait for the next update to "correct"...
  10. Action Centre not showing notifications since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Centre not showing notifications since last update: Yesterday my PC had the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803" since then I have not received and Email notifications. or any other notifications for that matter. Suggestions please. Thnaks...