Windows 10: cursor freezes whenever I type anywhere and is unmovable until I press alt + tab?

Discus and support cursor freezes whenever I type anywhere and is unmovable until I press alt + tab? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptops been acting strangely since the update but one thing that's been most annoying is whenever I type anywhere I have to press alt + tab to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaymanUpthegrove, Oct 13, 2020.

1. cursor freezes whenever I type anywhere and is unmovable until I press alt + tab?

My laptops been acting strangely since the update but one thing that's been most annoying is whenever I type anywhere I have to press alt + tab to get my cursor to move again otherwise it stays frozen in place. Oh update I learned while typing this out rn is that I can also unfreeze it by pressing the shift key. A lot more manageable but still really odd, any idea of what the problem is?

:)

RaymanUpthegrove, Oct 13, 2020

2. Cursor freeze and automatic typing

I have 2 problems with my laptop running on Windows 7. 1) The cursor freezes after every few minutes (works fine after you press ALT+TAB), 2) The key ' starts typing automatically like..'''''''''

JyotismanSenapati, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Randomly cannot type in to programs until alt tab and back

Hi,
    Having a problem. What seems random, although I not it does not seem to happen mid sentence, is that I try to type, for example in an address bar, or FB chat, or any other place (I think), and no text appears, I can change the cursors active field, but still no text. If I switch programs (alt tab) and back again, I can once again type. This can happen from ~ once a week to many times a day.
    Any ideas and suggestions welcomed.
    Thank you.

davidbanks, Oct 13, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

cursor freezes whenever I type anywhere and is unmovable until I press alt + tab?

alt tabbing increases system performance?

Skyrim doesnt work correctly you alt tab, but if you alt tab to it again while the screen is black, it loads up with the windows cursor over the top. If i repeatedly do this, eventually it fullscreens properly without issues. Slightly weird.

RCoon, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

cursor freezes whenever I type anywhere and is unmovable until I press alt + tab?

1. cursor freezes whenever I type anywhere and is unmovable until I press alt + tab? - Similar Threads - cursor freezes whenever

2. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  3. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  4. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.: i have attached screenshot for that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alttab-there-is-two-tasks-open/59e0318d-3893-4cca-911d-f16003ffdd75
  6. whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.: i have attached screenshot for that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alttab-there-is-two-tasks-open/59e0318d-3893-4cca-911d-f16003ffdd75
  7. whenever i press alt+tab there is two tasks open but there is nothing.

8. Alt Tab not working until I use mouse to select the Tab that I want.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt Tab not working until I use mouse to select the Tab that I want.: This is Windows 11, Version: 21H2I have a problem with the Alt-Tab key. Since I started using windows 11, the Alt-Tab key has NOT worked correctly like in windows 10. When I use the Alt-Tab key in this windows 11, after I release the Alt key/AllMyFingerFromKeyboard, it does...
  9. Alt Tab not working until I use mouse to select the Tab that I want.

Alt Tab not working until I use mouse to select the Tab that I want.: This is Windows 11, Version: 21H2I have a problem with the Alt-Tab key. Since I started using windows 11, the Alt-Tab key has NOT worked correctly like in windows 10. When I use the Alt-Tab key in this windows 11, after I release the Alt key/AllMyFingerFromKeyboard, it does...
  10. Randomly cannot type in to programs until alt tab and back

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly cannot type in to programs until alt tab and back: Hi, Having a problem. What seems random, although I not it does not seem to happen mid sentence, is that I try to type, for example in an address bar, or FB chat, or any other place (I think), and no text appears, I can change the cursors active field, but still no text. If...