Windows 10: Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

Discus and support Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Divyansh7, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Divyansh7 Win User

Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the cursor is to restart the laptop, which is very inconvenient and time-consuming. I have tried updating and reinstalling the driver for the touchpad, but it did not solve the issue. I have also scanned the laptop for viruses and malware, but nothing was detected. Please advise me on how to fix this problem as soon as possible. It is affecting my work and productivity. I appreciate your assistance and cooperation. P.S. The model of my laptop is

:)

Divyansh7, Mar 4, 2024

2. Issues with the cursor freeze in windows 10

Original Title: Cursor freeze

I've upgraded 5 systems so far to Windows 10. But 3 times I've tried to upgrade an Asus K72F-A1 laptop and each time the cursor will freeze and a hard reboot is required. When the system comes back up the cursor is still frozen and the system is useless
    until I reinstall the Win 7 image. I've tried wiping my disk and installing a clean Win 10 and I've tried all the online "suggestions" I've found for fixing this but nothing so far will work.

BlueBird_1, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Issues with the cursor on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the cursor on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the cursor settings prior to this issue?

Follow these steps to make changes to the mouse pointer settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Devices and click on Mouse and Touchpad.

If need be then you may also click on additional mouse options to make necessary changes.

Once this is done close all windows and restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

Hanging cursor

Hi,

There are several reasons why the cursor doesn't respond. One of which is due to a faulty pointing device. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does the whole system freeze or just the cursor?
    • Are you using the laptop's touchpad or an external pointing device?
    • Were there any changes made to your laptop prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

1. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cursor freezing issue

2. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11: I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the cursor is to restart the laptop, which is very inconvenient and time-consuming. I have tried updating and reinstalling the...
  3. Windows 11 - Cursor Stuttering Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Cursor Stuttering Issue: I have a persistent cursor stuttering issue that has made it impossible to use my computer.This issue started happening randomly without applying an new updates. I also tried rolling back the 22H2 update and that did not help. I've tried doing a clean boot with all...
  4. Windows 11 - Cursor Stuttering Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Cursor Stuttering Issue: I have a persistent cursor stuttering issue that has made it impossible to use my computer.This issue started happening randomly without applying an new updates. I also tried rolling back the 22H2 update and that did not help. I've tried doing a clean boot with all...
  5. Screen Freezing/Cursor Freezing Windows 11 22H2 UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Freezing/Cursor Freezing Windows 11 22H2 UPDATE: Eversince i installed the new 22H2 update on my Asus Zephyrus G15 laptop, my system freezes briefly, along with the movement of my cursor until i press WIN+D, to minimize all windows. This unfreezes the system and lets me use the system again for sometime before this happens...
  6. Screen Freezing/Cursor Freezing Windows 11 22H2 UPDATE

Screen Freezing/Cursor Freezing Windows 11 22H2 UPDATE: Eversince i installed the new 22H2 update on my Asus Zephyrus G15 laptop, my system freezes briefly, along with the movement of my cursor until i press WIN+D, to minimize all windows. This unfreezes the system and lets me use the system again for sometime before this happens...
  7. Windows 11 Freezing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezing issue: Hello, I'm PritiThe main reason behind freezing is, due to slow Internet connection speed or power interruptions. Though, power interruptions really does not matter, mostly user update their pc while plugged in, main problem comes from slow internet and your machine...
  8. Windows 11 Freezing issue

Windows 11 Freezing issue: Hello, I'm PritiThe main reason behind freezing is, due to slow Internet connection speed or power interruptions. Though, power interruptions really does not matter, mostly user update their pc while plugged in, main problem comes from slow internet and your machine...
  9. Cursor is freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor is freezing: I seem to have the cursor stick/freeze quite a lot. I googled for info and was told to go to the Control Panel and so on. I can't find the control panel! Can some one tell where it is? I have Windows 10 on a new Dell laptop. Sorry but I had to guess filling in where this...
  10. Cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor freezing: I have windows 10. I have been experiencing my cursor freezing. I have to push the Window key and tab down to restart and I get it back. But it freezes up again , but takes usually about 20 minutes of using my computer. I have gone to "Device Manager" checked for updates on...