Windows 10: Cursor freezing

Discus and support Cursor freezing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I have been experiencing my cursor freezing. I have to push the Window key and tab down to restart and I get it back. But it freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kathleen Quinlan, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Cursor freezing

I have windows 10. I have been experiencing my cursor freezing. I have to push the Window key and tab down to restart and I get it back. But it freezes up again , but takes usually about 20 minutes of using my computer. I have gone to "Device Manager" checked for updates on mouse. All up to date. It has gotten worst as now after it freezes up , the screen goes haywire and the page I am on downsizes, up sizes , just all over , used to be the cursor would freeze but the screen on my laptop did not move or change. I have been in touch with Microsoft tech support who had to download onboard the new Windows version 1909 , but the cursor issue had started before that. She cannot help me now for a few days as she is off. Meanwhile, I am unable to use my laptop only in spurts for minutes and it starts again. This is nuts. I have a Dell Inspiration 5000 series. I need my laptop to work properly as I am POA of my elder mom's accounts.

:)

Kathleen Quinlan, Jun 10, 2019
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jun 10, 2019
  3. LexGrant Win User
    Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

Hi,

The cursor on my laptop freezes every few seconds when I move it. This happens with both my bluetooth mouse and my inbuilt touchpad. I know the laptop is freezing and not just the cursor because if I run an app with a progress bar it also freezes at the same time as the cursor. The freezing only seems to happen when I move the cursor.

The freezing is just momentary (like it pauses for a second and then goes on as normal). I do not have to do anything to get it to unfreeze.

I have tried re-installing the drivers for mouse and touch pad.

I have defragged and cleaned up the HD.

I have tried doing a system restore but just get an error (I only have 1 restore point because I stupidly deleted them to create space I didnt need in case it was a space issue).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

LexGrant, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Cursor freezing

Hanging cursor

Hi,

There are several reasons why the cursor doesn't respond. One of which is due to a faulty pointing device. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does the whole system freeze or just the cursor?
    • Are you using the laptop's touchpad or an external pointing device?
    • Were there any changes made to your laptop prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Cursor freezing

1. Cursor freezing - Similar Threads - Cursor freezing

2. How to fix: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes or doesn't appear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes or doesn't appear?: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes or cursor doesn't appear on screen. I have to unplug the mouse at the USB port and re-connect for it to work properly.It is a bit of an inconvenience to keep doing this.It is a Steelseries Rival 600. I use Windows 11.I have checked the...
  3. How to fix: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes or doesn't appear?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes or doesn't appear?: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes or cursor doesn't appear on screen. I have to unplug the mouse at the USB port and re-connect for it to work properly.It is a bit of an inconvenience to keep doing this.It is a Steelseries Rival 600. I use Windows 11.I have checked the...
  4. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  5. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly: Hi all,I am having an issue where my mouse cursor freezes randomly. Sometimes it's for a few seconds, sometimes it appears permanently frozen. While it's frozen everything else works perfectly fine - I can CLICK things with the cursor, and I can use the keyboard to navigate...
  6. Laptop cursor keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  8. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  9. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11: I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the cursor is to restart the laptop, which is very inconvenient and time-consuming. I have tried updating and reinstalling the...
  10. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11: I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the cursor is to restart the laptop, which is very inconvenient and time-consuming. I have tried updating and reinstalling the...