Windows 10: Cursor gets stuck near Taskbar and not able to move can see repeated clicks happening

Discus and support Cursor gets stuck near Taskbar and not able to move can see repeated clicks happening in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating latest patch from Microsoft, am facing this issue where in the Cursor pointer goes near the taskbar and can see repeated clicks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Razor_35, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Razor_35 Win User

Cursor gets stuck near Taskbar and not able to move can see repeated clicks happening

After updating latest patch from Microsoft, am facing this issue where in the Cursor pointer goes near the taskbar and can see repeated clicks happening and not able to move the cursor from that point..

I have McAfee antivirus installed and dont see any virus getting reported

Any sugggestions on how to resolve this issue.

:)

Razor_35, Oct 22, 2020
  2. DRDNA Win User

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Oct 22, 2020
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Cursor gets stuck near Taskbar and not able to move can see repeated clicks happening

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. Cursor gets stuck near Taskbar and not able to move can see repeated clicks happening - Similar Threads - Cursor gets stuck

2. Cursor can move but cannot click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor can move but cannot click: Hi, my cursor is still able to move but I cannot click on anything. I tried restarting my laptop but now it is stuck on the screen where we need to click to open the log in screen to open our laptop. I can still move my cursor but I cannot click. Pressing space or any other...
  3. Cursor can move but cannot click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor can move but cannot click: Hi, my cursor is still able to move but I cannot click on anything. I tried restarting my laptop but now it is stuck on the screen where we need to click to open the log in screen to open our laptop. I can still move my cursor but I cannot click. Pressing space or any other...
  4. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  5. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  6. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cursor disappears and moves to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor disappears and moves to taskbar: Disappearing cursorRecently, the cursor has started disappearing, and I have to move my mouse rapidly in order to bring it back. Upon further investigation, it seems that my cursor moves to the Taskbar when this happens, and when it does, visual feedback does appear on the...
  8. Touchpad can move a mouse but isn't able to click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad can move a mouse but isn't able to click.: As the title states, I can't click anything with my cursor but I can move it around. I can tap the middle of the touchpad and have a normal mouse that clicks perfectly but the left and right buttons don't work with the touchpad. Any reasons why?...
  9. Cursor can move, but not click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor can move, but not click: My pc froze up and I couldn't interact with anything, so I hit the power button. It loaded a while and then started "Scanning and repairing drive C:" with no percentage next to it. It didn't even take a minute and then it seemed to boot normally. I could click things...
  10. Cursor not clicking on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor not clicking on taskbar: here is the issue at hand Ok i’ve been having this issue for 2 days and i don’t want to work around it. So when I boot up my laptop pavillion 17 i believe, i can put in my password on the lock screen. the issue occurs when i’m at my home screen. i can click icons on the home...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop mouse stuck on taskbar

2. windoes servwr 2012 cursor stuck on task bar