Windows 10: Cursor getting temporarily stuck

Discus and support Cursor getting temporarily stuck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes while I am using my laptop my cursor gets stuck and does not move for a few seconds. After a few seconds of attempting to jiggle the cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jamo13542, Jul 25, 2020.

1. jamo13542 Win User

Cursor getting temporarily stuck

Sometimes while I am using my laptop my cursor gets stuck and does not move for a few seconds. After a few seconds of attempting to jiggle the cursor with my mouse or trackpad, normal motion resumes. This issue occurs with both the trackpad on the laptop and the wireless USB mouse I am using. I have tried updating and reinstalling the drivers for both of these hardware devices. I have restarted my computer numerous times trying to work this out. I tend to notice this issue right after typing, but that is not always the case. The cursor also never freezes while I am actively using it. I think this issue started after performing a windows feature update, but I'd really like to resolve it without rolling back to a previous version.

I have a Razer Blade 15 Laptop running Windows 10 Home Version 2004 x64.

OS build 19041.388

:)

jamo13542, Jul 25, 2020
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Cursor getting temporarily stuck

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Cursor getting temporarily stuck

1. Cursor getting temporarily stuck - Similar Threads - Cursor getting temporarily

2. Cursor Movement Between Displays Gets Stuck Vertically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Movement Between Displays Gets Stuck Vertically: So I have been having a issue with Windows 11 and Duel screen mode in vertical layout. I have a system that i switch often between 2 monitors in a vertical layout. both 1080P screens. Then i will some times add in a 2K screen to the right in a > layout. I have noticed no...
  3. Cursor Movement Between Displays Gets Stuck Vertically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor Movement Between Displays Gets Stuck Vertically: So I have been having a issue with Windows 11 and Duel screen mode in vertical layout. I have a system that i switch often between 2 monitors in a vertical layout. both 1080P screens. Then i will some times add in a 2K screen to the right in a > layout. I have noticed no...
  4. Cursor gets stuck as the grab hand in Whiteboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor gets stuck as the grab hand in Whiteboard: The cursor gets stuck as the grab hand at random when I'm using Whiteboard. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it, I've tested it on the online and app version I'm using Mac. I've tried reloading, signing in and out, reinstalling... Not sure what to do....
  5. Cursor gets stuck as the grab hand in Whiteboard

Cursor gets stuck as the grab hand in Whiteboard: The cursor gets stuck as the grab hand at random when I'm using Whiteboard. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it, I've tested it on the online and app version I'm using Mac. I've tried reloading, signing in and out, reinstalling... Not sure what to do....
  6. RDP session is getting temporarily disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session is getting temporarily disconnected: I am regularly being disconnected from my remote desktop rdp session to a Windows 11 VM. I have used remote desktop for many years and work in IT. I have not had this type of experience before. When renaming files or starting a file transfer or performing similar operations,...
  7. RDP session is getting temporarily disconnected

RDP session is getting temporarily disconnected: I am regularly being disconnected from my remote desktop rdp session to a Windows 11 VM. I have used remote desktop for many years and work in IT. I have not had this type of experience before. When renaming files or starting a file transfer or performing similar operations,...
  8. Cursor stuck at loading...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor stuck at loading...: HI! When i enter my PC and i'm on my desktop screen, then my cursor start loading and won't stop. I can't click or use my screen, i can only use my taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-stuck-at-loading/31e51846-d6fe-43ba-96f6-a691613033a3
  9. Cursor Gets Stuck Behind Window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Gets Stuck Behind Window: At least once a day on my Dell 7391 2in1, my cursor will get stuck behind the window and I have to sign out and back in to fix it. Any idea how to fix this for good?...
  10. Cursor temporarily freezes when I hit return

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cursor temporarily freezes when I hit return: I've just upgraded to win10 and I've got a problem (the only on e I've noticed) that the cursor freezes everytime I hit return or tab off the active cell/field etc. The cursor, mouse and left and right click options freeze for a second or so. The cursor disappears. It...