Windows 10: Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable

Discus and support Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my hp laptop I have been having an issue where the cursor lags behind at some points. I have already tried:-Uninstalling the device and reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomtooley1, May 29, 2021.

1. Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable

On my hp laptop I have been having an issue where the cursor lags behind at some points. I have already tried:-Uninstalling the device and reinstalling -Updating drivers, rolling back drivers -Using a different mouse-Updating windows-fully resetting the computer so no files are retainedAlso in safe mode the issue doesn’t happen. Any help would be appreciated Thanks,Tom

:)

tomtooley1, May 29, 2021
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, May 29, 2021
  3. Owen Qu Win User
    Cursor and other glitches.

I have updated every single little thing in the device manager and my cursor and stuff are still glitching out

Owen Qu, May 29, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable

Loading Cursor Glitch

Hi Jenny,

A corrupted or outdated driver may be the possible reason why your mouse cursor is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Since you've mentioned that it occurs using Chrome, have you tried using another browser and check if the issue still persists?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far aside from updating drivers?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow these options on how to troubleshoot your cursor:

Option 1: Fixing the unexpected jumps or freezing issues

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window you will need to left click on the
      Find and fix problems

Note: The Find and fix problems feature can be found on the
      System and Security
      section.
    • A Troubleshooting window will show, from the right side of the window left click on the
      Hardware and Sound option.
    • Now in the Device category left click on Next button for the
      Hardware and Devices.
    • A scan will begin and after it is finished you will need to left click on
      Apply this fix
    • Close the windows you have open.
    • Reboot the Windows 8 or Windows 10 device and see if you still have this issue.

Option 2: Uncheck Enhance pointer precision feature

• Open Control Panel and navigate to Mouse section.
    • Navigate to the Pointer Options tab and disable Enhance pointer precision feature. Now click on
      Apply and OK to save changes.
    • After turning off this feature, problems with your cursor should disappear.

Option 3: Reinstall your mouse driver

• Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose
      Device Manager from the menu.
    • Locate your mouse, right click it and choose Uninstall device.
    • When the confirmation message appears, click on Uninstall.
    • After doing that, your mouse will be disabled. Using the keyboard keys you can navigate to
      Action > Scan for hardware changes. If you can’t open this menu with your keyboard, simply restart your PC.
    • After doing that, your mouse will be detected and you should be able to use it again without any problems.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable

1. Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable - Similar Threads - Cursor Glitch seemingly

2. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  3. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  4. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys: I am losing my mind because every single time I try to play ANY GAME on my PC the entire computer will blue screen with kmode exception not handled at least once. It does this every single day and only once if I'm lucky. I have been on here to try to solve this problem before...
  6. Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys: I am losing my mind because every single time I try to play ANY GAME on my PC the entire computer will blue screen with kmode exception not handled at least once. It does this every single day and only once if I'm lucky. I have been on here to try to solve this problem before...
  7. Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys

8. Huge, Seemingly Unfixable Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huge, Seemingly Unfixable Ping Spikes: I usually have a relatively stable ping of around 15-30ms whenever using my PC, but in the last week or so, this weird problem has popped up that causes my ping to spike in the thousands. I've tried everything. I've ran SFC scans and DISM, I've updated and downgraded the...
  9. Animated cursor glitching

Animated cursor glitching: Hello everyone this is my first post here. I have been using an animated cursor called Night Diamond for over a year. No problems. Then Windows 10 version 1809 came, and my cursor is now works like a png image, sometimes it shows signs of trying to show animations, but it...
  10. Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.

Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.: It is worth mentioning, before I start, that I have contacted over 6 technicians (All from Microsoft support) and done everything from updating drivers to an in placed install to a clean install of Windows. Nothing has even touched this issue. My cursor (not my mouse) seems...