Windows 10: Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad

Discus and support Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad. I can't accurately click stuff on my screen if the touchpad moves everywhere. Got BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vo1k, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Vo1k Win User

Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad

Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad. I can't accurately click stuff on my screen if the touchpad moves everywhere. Got BSOD recently, reset my computer and the problem persists!Ideapad S410, ELAN

:)

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Touchpad driver, that uses 2 separate fingers for clicking and moving?

The task

1. Place a file in the middle of your desktop.
    2. Move your cursor to the top left corner of your desktop.
    3. Move your cursor to the bottom right corner of your desktop, while grabbing the file in the middle.

The problem

If you use a regular mouse, you are able to do it in only 1 wrist move, plus 1 finger move. (Wrist: move from top-left to bottom-right. Finger: press the mouse button and hold it.) It's fast, so it's okay.

If you use a touchpad, you need to stop the movement in the middle, so that you can click and move again. Normally, it's not annoying. But if you do a lot drag-and-drop, or paint, it's reaaally slow.

My idea

Forget the regular one-finger touchpad usage. Get used to using two fingers. The middle finger is always on the touchpad, this is the positioning finger: the cursor moves as usual. And here comes the twist. The index finger is used only for clicking. So that you can move your middle finger as fast as you want, without having to stop for a click. This way you can do the task above like this:

1. Put your middle finger on the touchpad.
    2. Move it to the top left corner.
    3. While moving it to the bottom right corner, put your index finger on the touchpad as well, and move it together with your middle finger.

The questions

1. Does such a touchpad/driver exist?
    2. Is there an alternative solution, that makes it possible as well to
      click with a touchpad, without having to stop the movement?
      (Touchpads with physical buttons are irrelevant, because they
      require 2 hands.)
    3. Is it a good idea?
    4. What should I learn to be able to make a custom driver for my Logitech T650, on Windows 10?

Tamás Bolvári, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad

Touchpad click opening up Notifications Center on Windows 10 [Laptop HP]

Hi ,

Welcome to Microsoft Community, These are the following things that you can do with the touchpad.

Touchpad gestures for Windows 10

Power users! Try out these gestures on the touchpad of your Windows 10 laptop:
    • Select an item: Tap on the touchpad.
    • Scroll: Place two fingers on the touchpad and slide horizontally or vertically.
    • Zoom in or out: Place two fingers on the touchpad and pinch in or stretch out.
    • Show more commands (similar to right-clicking): Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press in the lower-right corner.
    • See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
    • Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them towards yourself.
    • Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.
    However try to place the mouse cursor at the middle of the desktop screen and then try to use the touchpad to see if Notification center opens up.

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad

1. Cursor go sicko mode when a finger is placed on touchpad - Similar Threads - Cursor sicko mode

2. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  3. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad, finger scroll activation: hello, I have by mistake uninstall the support functions for the mice, and I am unable to use the finger scroll on the touchpad, would you please support me to install it back and activate the function? thanks!...
  4. touchpad, finger scroll activation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Two finger is not working on touchpad

Two finger is not working on touchpad: System Model PASSION BX5800S Manufacturer: WaltonTwo finger aka scrolling is not working while using the touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-is-not-working-on-touchpad/3387665f-1012-4245-9824-c63fdfe7b39c
  6. Touchpad does not work when put two fingers on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad does not work when put two fingers on it.: I am used to Macbook touchpad which is very nicely configured, but on windows when i am selecting multiple items, i keep one finger at bottom to select and one finger to move the cursor, but as i put my finger at bottom of trackpad to select items, the touchpad stops working...
  7. Touchpad does not work when put two fingers on it.

Touchpad does not work when put two fingers on it.: I am used to Macbook touchpad which is very nicely configured, but on windows when i am selecting multiple items, i keep one finger at bottom to select and one finger to move the cursor, but as i put my finger at bottom of trackpad to select items, the touchpad stops working...
  8. CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD: I cannot locate my cursor and it seems my touch pad is not functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-touchpad/efb358d4-68bd-4029-b035-dd31c097f31a
  9. Three Finger Touchpad Function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Three Finger Touchpad Function: Hello, I've just downloaded windows 10. Before this download, when I used the 3 finger function it would only show 1 app for the internet browser I was using, regardless of how many tabs I had opened. Now, when I use the function it displays all of the tabs I have opened...
  10. Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad.: Normally when I am selecting text on a browser, as I start selecting text by double tapping on my touchpad and dragging my finger till the cursor reaches the required end of text. If the text was too long, after my finger reached the edge of the touchpad, the cursor used to...