Windows 10: Cursor goes offscreen top and right.

Discus and support Cursor goes offscreen top and right. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi-- In Windows 10, my cursor goes off the screen at the bottom and right, but OK left and top. This also affects contents of print screen. There was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KMF73, Jan 15, 2020.

1. KMF73 Win User

Cursor goes offscreen top and right.

Hi-- In Windows 10, my cursor goes off the screen at the bottom and right, but OK left and top. This also affects contents of print screen. There was a recent auto-update. Thanks!

:)

KMF73, Jan 15, 2020

2. Cursor moves to top-right corner and closes apps!

Hi,

I have a truly annoying problem that I need help with!

it makes my computer totally unusable!!

Problem:

The mouse cursor moves to the top right corner and "clicks" and tries to close my apps!

Here is what I have tried:

• Reinstall Windows
    • Disable trackpad
    • Disable mouse (via receiver)
    • Remove drivers and reboot and reinstall
    • I have seen and tried the thread below

What I have:

• Porsche Book One
    • Win 10 Pro
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.192

cursor moving itself to top right/ bottom right of screen

ToniJohansson- [O365], Jan 15, 2020
  3. DavidY Win User
    How to restore offscreen VLC?

If I've understood the problem correctly(?), you might try this:
    1. Open VLC and select it in the taskbar so it is the currently selected application (even though you can't see it)
    2. Let go of the mouse and be careful not to move it until step 6
    3. Use the Alt-Spacebar key combination
    4. There should be a little pop-up menu which appears. If 'Move' is an option, use the downward cursor/arrow key to select it and press enter. If 'Restore' is an option, select that option with the cursor keys, press Enter and go back to step 3
    5. Once you've selected Move, be careful to not move the mouse. Instead, hit one of the cursor/arrow keys (left/right/up/down) a couple of times
    6. *Then* move the mouse. With any luck the VLC window should come into view and you can re-position it.

DavidY, Jan 15, 2020
  4. csenger41 Win User

parts of app window is offscreen

Most of the times I start and app, a part of its window is offscreen, though it is maximized or fullscreen, here is an example:

Cursor goes offscreen top and right. [​IMG]

I hope you will understand what I am talking about by checking the right at the search box. This makes the Mail app unuseable, since all the buttons are offscreen:

Cursor goes offscreen top and right. [​IMG]

To be accurate, the right and bottom part always. As you can see, both windows are maximized, everything is the same in fullscreen.
    Any suggestions?

csenger41, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Cursor goes offscreen top and right. - Similar Threads - Cursor goes offscreen

2. Windows 10 cursor repeatedly stuck in top-right corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cursor repeatedly stuck in top-right corner: My cursor is continually in the top right corner of the screen, with the logo resembling a touch-screen point. I have a Dell Inspiron 5482 2-in-1. I use the touchpad and have not yet tried plugging in an external mouse. It was working fine two hours ago, went on a flight, and...
  3. Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen: I am using Windows 11 and my clock/date just goes offscreen very often, it goes back to normal when I open and close the calendar. Anyone knows how to fix this permanently?This is what I mean:...
  4. Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen

Taskbar Clock/Date Goes Offscreen: I am using Windows 11 and my clock/date just goes offscreen very often, it goes back to normal when I open and close the calendar. Anyone knows how to fix this permanently?This is what I mean:...
  5. Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen: Hi, I've been having a problem with my mouse cursor for the past few days and the problem just started at of no where. At random times the mouse cursor will jump to the top right of the screen. I have tried most troubleshooting methods I could find and was wondering if anyone...
  6. Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen: Hi, I've been having a problem with my mouse cursor for the past few days and the problem just started at of no where. At random times the mouse cursor will jump to the top right of the screen. I have tried most troubleshooting methods I could find and was wondering if anyone...
  7. Mouse cursor jumping to top right of screen

8. Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page: Hi just a quick question but its hard to explain when i push the windows button on my pc it opens the start menu but the curser just goes straight to the top so trying to turn the pc off is imposible as it wont go to this button also when trying to select speak or...
  9. Cursor jumps to top right corner of screen and closes window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor jumps to top right corner of screen and closes window: Hey all, This problem has been affecting my Windows 10 laptop for years.It happens whether I am using my USB mouse or just using the touch pad. It seems to happen more often perhaps only when I am just running on battery power and the power cord is disconnected from the PC....
  10. Top Right Corner Cursor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Top Right Corner Cursor not working: The mouse cursor isn't responding to any application in 5x4cm square on the top right corner of my windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-right-corner-cursor-not-working/c533743d-9882-4dc5-8ef5-78492600fe2e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor goes to close