Windows 10: Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen

Discus and support Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an acer Aspire, running windows 10 since 2015, never had any issues. About 8 to 10 weeks ago I needed to press the space bar to boot up or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenRowell1, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen

I use an acer Aspire, running windows 10 since 2015, never had any issues.

About 8 to 10 weeks ago I needed to press the space bar to boot up or the computer does not get past the acer opening screen.

This fault is random but does occur about 90% of the time when I boot up.

This has also lead to the cursor going to the bottom of the screen, eg stuck on the short cut which is the lowest on the home screen. This can be cured by pressing the space bar.

This is only a temporary fix. The same thing happens with web pages, the cursor goes to the bottom of the page, not the bottom of the visible page on the screen but the bottom of the page. Using mouse or touchpad to get cursor back to the top does not work. Pressing the space bar stops the cursor trying to keep going down the page and allows the mouse and touchpad move cursor to top of the page. This is only a temporary fix as a few minutes later it the cursor will start going down the page again, this will happen even if the laptop has not been touched and even if the screen saver has come on.

I have turned off the touchpad - no effect

I have reinstalled the touchpad - no effect.

Is the a cure as keep pressing the space bar is not really an open, is it a software ( win 10 ) or hardware ( acer ) issue >

:)

StephenRowell1, Nov 6, 2018
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 6, 2018
  4. JamesUK Win User

Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen

Windows goes to Black Screen, no cursor

Many thanks for this!

I'd exhausted every solution posted here, and when I read your post, I was initially skeptical that your suggestion would have worked... but knowing that the desktop would appear when I put the laptop into Sleep / Hibernation and then brought it out again, I figured I'd have nothing to lose to try your suggestion...

Anyway, for those trying everything, try this simple (possible) fix above from Beastmode. Worked for me, and has removed the problem. Stable for a number of days too. I can't believe it's just a co-incidence because I must have done tens of reboots trying things, and the desktop came up perfectly immediately having done the above.

I'll certainly try this if (when!) it goes black again. ;-)

(Signed up just to post that this worked for me)

Regards

James

JamesUK, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen

1. Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen - Similar Threads - Cursor goes bottom

2. cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor: win 11 pronvidia drivers: 531.41 using a 3090tinothing was wrong but i figured I should update the drivers after another program had an issue with my older drivers, it messed up a few things fixed those, but now my cursor is moving off the screen on the left side of the...
  3. cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor goes off screen as if there was another monitor: win 11 pronvidia drivers: 531.41 using a 3090tinothing was wrong but i figured I should update the drivers after another program had an issue with my older drivers, it messed up a few things fixed those, but now my cursor is moving off the screen on the left side of the...
  4. Cursor not responding in bottom left area of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor not responding in bottom left area of screen: My cursor does not work in the left bottom area of the screen, approximately the yellow box below. If I want to click on anything in that box, my cursor does not recognise it and I cannot click it. When I move outside the box the cursor changes again and everything works....
  5. Cursor not responding in bottom left area of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor not responding in bottom left area of screen: My cursor does not work in the left bottom area of the screen, approximately the yellow box below. If I want to click on anything in that box, my cursor does not recognise it and I cannot click it. When I move outside the box the cursor changes again and everything works....
  6. Auto Scroll to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scroll to bottom of page: Recently my computer has been scrolling to he bottom/end of the page when I am in Excel, pdf viewer, and windows settings. It does not do it on word or webpages. I have tried the mouse settings, new mouse, page lock..Seems to be a windows issue....
  7. Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page: Hi just a quick question but its hard to explain when i push the windows button on my pc it opens the start menu but the curser just goes straight to the top so trying to turn the pc off is imposible as it wont go to this button also when trying to select speak or...
  8. Why is the cursor moving to the bottom of page automatically

Why is the cursor moving to the bottom of page automatically: The moment I open widows, it flies to the bottom. Why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-cursor-moving-to-the-bottom-of-page/e5721712-1245-4d79-a1e5-5746bc9170ab
  9. Bottom the screen goes blank

Bottom the screen goes blank: Whenever I scroll up from the bottom of the page such as when I am using Ebay, Amazon or Craigslist the lower 1/3 of my screen is blank and covers up the page. I can scroll down and it goes away. It's as if the touchcreen keyboard pops up but it is completely blank and...
  10. Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen: Hello. When I turn on my windows 10 computer, everything works for about half a minute, but then my cursor gets pushed down to the bottom right of the screen by some invisible force. This only happens when I'm on my desktop--but that is enough to make the computer utterly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor slider bottom of page