Windows 10: Cursor indicator bug, when enabled it shows in the start menu, should be disabled but...

Discus and support Cursor indicator bug, when enabled it shows in the start menu, should be disabled but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/munjakos [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/munjakos, May 28, 2020.

1. Cursor indicator bug, when enabled it shows in the start menu, should be disabled but...

/u/munjakos, May 28, 2020

2. 'Show app list in Start menu' is disabled (greyed out)

I tried to switch on 'Show all apps in Start menu' but the option in Settings > Personalisation > Start is disabled (the toggle and associated text is greyed out). 'Show most used apps' is also greyed out (not that I want this one...).

I can't see a way of getting this list back - what do I have to do to get it enabled?

Brian Westhead, May 28, 2020
  3. Yvonne Win User
    Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, May 28, 2020
  4. Cursor indicator bug, when enabled it shows in the start menu, should be disabled but...

How how do you always display text for start menu folders?

Hi,

Start Menu is one of the feature enhanced in Windows 10. You can customize Start Menu by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Click Start.
    These are the options that you can see under Start:

• With the Show more tiles, you can expand tile column.
    • Turning on Occasionally show suggestions in Start will show suggestions in Windows 10.
    • Show most used apps will show most used apps list on Start Menu.
    • Enabling Show recently added apps will display the program you installed last.
    • You can also view Start Menu in full screen by enabling Use Start full screen.
    • Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar
      will show your recently opened items.
    • To choose what apps or folders you like to appear on you Start Menu, you can click
      Choose which folders appear on Start.
    Note: You can also resize the Start Menu by simply dragging the top or the right edge of the Start Menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Cursor indicator bug, when enabled it shows in the start menu, should be disabled but...

1. Cursor indicator bug, when enabled it shows in the start menu, should be disabled but... - Similar Threads - Cursor indicator bug

2. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  3. Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which VSS should be disabled or enabled?: I am unable to backup a VM because some VSS Services are running. One the backup software console [Commvault], there is an error that states there is another backup software running. Commvault support states to reboot and/or contact Microsoft support if the case lingers. I...
  4. Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open: Hi. My mouse cursor flickers when I open Start menu and a few screen flashes, black flashes in full screen and white flashes only at the bottom about one inch height. I already tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows and reinstalling graphics drivers. My laptop is Acer...
  5. Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor and screen flickers when as Start menu is open: Hi. My mouse cursor flickers when I open Start menu and a few screen flashes, black flashes in full screen and white flashes only at the bottom about one inch height. I already tried reformatting and reinstalling Windows and reinstalling graphics drivers. My laptop is Acer...
  6. Should I Disable or Enable 8dot3name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Disable or Enable 8dot3name?: Should I disable or enable 8dot3name? Crucial Storage Executive displayed a warning message in the application saying it should be disabled. Windows 10 Version 1909 154381
  7. Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.: Hi, the latest Windows 10 Update (Release 1903) makes Start Menu shows laggy no matter I click the Windows key on the keyboard or click start menu button using the mouse. The issue only occurred when Taskbar is set to "Auto Hide in Computer Mode". If I disable autohide of...
  8. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...
  9. Bugged Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugged Start Menu: Can anyone help to solve my issue with this start menu [img] 49907
  10. Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. [img] Information Windows...