Windows 10: cursor is a big black box

Discus and support cursor is a big black box in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a number of apps and the logon screen where the cursor is a big black box. Windows File explorer window: [ATTACH] using these links corrected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JYSP, Oct 24, 2020.

1. JYSP Win User

cursor is a big black box

I had a number of apps and the logon screen where the cursor is a big black box.

Windows File explorer window:

cursor is a big black box e88cff20-965a-4bb2-9e19-522baa0a4f8e?upload=true.png

using these links corrected this issue

clear and straight to the point - https://www.howtogeek.com/194095/how-to-change-the-blinking-windows-keyboard-cursor-thickness/

May fix other issues, you have to hunt for the visual display setting - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lack-box/aad6dc00-b4dc-4b8a-bf6e-8bafbdb797d2

Logon screen:

I have a number of users on this computer. The logon screen for the main user still has the big block

cursor is a big black box 3369c788-9893-4a9b-b90e-2d886c236747?upload=true.png

other users still have the '' vertical bar or pipe cursor:

cursor is a big black box a5b2c111-4615-40c3-ac60-c0059370a00a?upload=true.png

:)

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Oct 24, 2020
  4. cursor is a big black box

Why do i get a black box with my cursor?

When I hover or select a cell I a black box with my cursor, how do I get rid of the black box?

Sharon Vincent, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

cursor is a big black box

1. cursor is a big black box - Similar Threads - cursor big black

2. Cursor making a black box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor making a black box: Whenever i increase my size of cursor to something above 6 and when i start moving my cursor up a black box starts coming from below and when i move my cursor up the black box moves up with it. and whenever i try to take a screenshot the black box thing overlaps the...
  3. Cursor making a black box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor making a black box: Whenever i increase my size of cursor to something above 6 and when i start moving my cursor up a black box starts coming from below and when i move my cursor up the black box moves up with it. and whenever i try to take a screenshot the black box thing overlaps the...
  4. Text Input Cursor is a Black Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Input Cursor is a Black Box: [ATTACH] As seen in the screen shot, the insert cursor is thicker than usual, the image hasn't been enhanced. It flickers like the normal cursor I have this problem on many places, file explorer, word, and inserting password etc All help appreciated....
  5. Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on

Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on: I have a black text box surround anything I click my cursor on and sometimes just when I hover with my cursor. This started suddenly. I have turned off the magnifier and turned off narrator. Any suggestions? [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Big black box next to volume panel, how to remove?

Big black box next to volume panel, how to remove?: Whenever there is audio playing, there is this extra black box next to the volume with the info of the source of audio, how do I get rid of that? Note, I am using a browser called Opera.[IMG] Note,...
  7. Text cursor turned in a black box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text cursor turned in a black box: Hello, I have a problem with my text cursor. It has turned into a black box. What I mean: This happened about 2 years ago 2018 after a Windows Update. I thought it was a bug and that it would get fixed soon, but it didn't. I reinstalled Windows multiple times since then...
  8. Black Box around mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Box around mouse cursor: I have an employee remoting into their office computer from home using the Remote Desktop Connection. For the first couple of weeks, things seemed fine, but today he started having a black box encompass his mouse cursor. I've been helping him all day but I cannot find a...
  9. Mouse cursor is too big

Mouse cursor is too big: Hello! My problem is that suddenly mouse cursor became way too big! OS is Windows 10. Display scaling is set to 100%. Pointer size set to smallest. Poiner Scheme set to Windows Default. Never happened before. I can see its square pixels now. BTW, when I sign out...
  10. Mouse cursor too big

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor too big: Hi all, Mouse cursor in Windows 10 scales with the display size. If we go to display -> scale and layout, and we set 100, 125, 150% etc size we get the respected pointer size - the bigger the size the larger the mouse cursor. This is quite logical except when we want to to...