Windows 10: Cursor is busy after resetting my laptop. Can't click anything on desktop. Help!

Discus and support Cursor is busy after resetting my laptop. Can't click anything on desktop. Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theanreddy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theanreddy, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Cursor is busy after resetting my laptop. Can't click anything on desktop. Help!

/u/theanreddy, Feb 6, 2020
  2. jfl_805 Win User

Cursor Appearance Reset

I tried your suggestions and none worked, including contacting HP who tried to help then told me that the only other option they could suggest was reset the laptop to its' original state. When the original issue occurred I did not download a third party
    application. I googled windows cursors and downloaded a single cursor to the desktop then dragged and dropped it into the windows cursor folder and all the cursor appearances in the windows cursor window changed to the msie 'e' view. The cursors themselves
    did not change, nor their names, just their appearance in the cursor window.

jfl_805, Feb 6, 2020
  3. El_Mayo Win User
    Business laptop suggestions

Can anyone suggest any business laptops between £300-£400?
    Although I'm not quite sure what makes a laptop a "business" one? (it's not for me lol)

El_Mayo, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Cursor is busy after resetting my laptop. Can't click anything on desktop. Help!

Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Cursor is busy after resetting my laptop. Can't click anything on desktop. Help!

1. Cursor is busy after resetting my laptop. Can't click anything on desktop. Help! - Similar Threads - Cursor busy resetting

2. Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?: I just bought this laptop just around my city at first the cursor is functioning properly, I can move and click anywhere. I don't know when the problem started because I'm using a mouse. When I check it now I noticed that the cursor is moving but I can't click anything. The...
  3. Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?: I just bought this laptop just around my city at first the cursor is functioning properly, I can move and click anywhere. I don't know when the problem started because I'm using a mouse. When I check it now I noticed that the cursor is moving but I can't click anything. The...
  4. Why my laptop cursor is moving but I can't click anything?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't click anything on desktop

Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  6. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  7. Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything: Hi. My laptop cursor suddenly doesn’t click on anything as it should. It moves perfectly as usual but will not click on anything in the laptop menu or on pictures etc- anything. Also, when I move the cursor it draws a kind of box shape the size of which changes depending upon...
  8. Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything

Laptop cursor moves but will not click on anything: Hi. My laptop cursor suddenly doesn’t click on anything as it should. It moves perfectly as usual but will not click on anything in the laptop menu or on pictures etc- anything. Also, when I move the cursor it draws a kind of box shape the size of which changes depending upon...
  9. Can't click on the anything in the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on the anything in the desktop: Was working just an hr ago after I did a refresh and somehow while I was installing my games. The desktop stopped working. I went into the event file and saw this. Any help please. Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 1/23/2021...
  10. Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?: Greetings! So I have been having this PC problem for perhaps a week or so now? One time when I awoke from sleep, when I logged in today, and then sometimes when I am using my PC. So what happens is, randomly I cannot click on any desktop icons(left click and right click...