Windows 10: Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen

Discus and support Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. When I turn on my windows 10 computer, everything works for about half a minute, but then my cursor gets pushed down to the bottom right of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabeC1, May 23, 2019.

1. GabeC1 Win User

Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen

Hello.

When I turn on my windows 10 computer, everything works for about half a minute, but then my cursor gets pushed down to the bottom right of the screen by some invisible force. This only happens when I'm on my desktop--but that is enough to make the computer utterly unusable. This started when I rebooted my computer shorty after a power outage, and I never got any warning messages. I had to log into an OS that is reliably good (slackware) to write this post.

When I press ctrl+alt+del and then open the task manager, my mouse goes back to normal. That is until I click even once, and then the cursor immediately darts back to the bottom.

I've tried:

1. Rebooting the computer.

2. Disconnecting the mouse in the USB settings and then reconnecting it.

I'm planning to try to use a different mouse soon, but I don't have much time, so I won't be doing that for a while.

:)

GabeC1, May 23, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, May 23, 2019
  3. black Win User
    Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.

After the latest update.
    When I try to drag select files in a folder that has scroll bar, as soon as I click Ctrl + cursor drag.
    My mouse jumps instantly to the down right corner of the screen, selecting everything in the folder.

If you didn't understand what I mean and have windows 1703 or later, try this:
    Make a new folder.
    In that folder make a new folder and copy it with (Ctrl + Drag)
    Make copies till you see a scroll bar.
    Your folder should look like this:

Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen [​IMG]

Now from the first top row, hold Ctrl and try to drag select few folders.

Does your cursor jumps or select normally?

Can't seem to find much about this, found 2 similar issue but no solution.
    Not sure what this bug called, it's hard to search, the search engine keep getting me non related results.

Any way to fix this?

black, May 23, 2019
  4. black Win User

After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

Previously had this issue:
    Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update.
    After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor would jump to the screen end.

Now just updated to 1803, first thing wanted to check if this bug is fixed.
    It is fixed, I can drag select without cursor jump, but while drag select, cursor would stuck with popping sound when I try to move my mouse/cursor.
    Keyboard buttons doesn't respond as well, till I press "Start" on keyboard. 5 seconds later it would unfreeze.
    When this issue occur "Desktop window manager" usage spikes CPU at 100%
    Video for the issue:

*Sigh* Microsoft...

Update: Fixed in later mini updates.

black, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Cursor is dragged to bottom right of the screen - Similar Threads - Cursor dragged bottom

2. unwanted notification bottom right of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted notification bottom right of screen: After closing a "private" window in a browser Brave, Vivaldi, Firefox etc on clicking on the speaker icon I see a notification that exposes my browsing history.I have all notifications turned off. Here is an exampleHow can I prevent these form showing?...
  3. unwanted notification bottom right of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unwanted notification bottom right of screen: After closing a "private" window in a browser Brave, Vivaldi, Firefox etc on clicking on the speaker icon I see a notification that exposes my browsing history.I have all notifications turned off. Here is an exampleHow can I prevent these form showing?...
  4. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: showing ads on win 11 laptop right side corneranyone have solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/3479ae94-6cf9-450b-8958-273687a6b6b4
  5. Ads in bottom right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads in bottom right corner of the screen: showing ads on win 11 laptop right side corneranyone have solution for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-bottom-right-corner-of-the-screen/3479ae94-6cf9-450b-8958-273687a6b6b4
  6. Mouse stuck in bottom right of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stuck in bottom right of screen: I was just starting up my pc and my mouse started flickering back to the edge og the bottom right part of the screen. i have searched up the problem but it seems like they indicate its a problem with that mouse specifically, which its not. i tried with another mouse and its...
  7. Mouse cursor jumping to bottom right corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor jumping to bottom right corner: My mouse cursor keeps jumping to the bottom right corner of the screen, either opening the language bar, the calendar, the notifications or the tab that brings you back to your desktop. The time between each jump is completely random, and the consistency is different each...
  8. Cursor stuck in Bottom Right Hand Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor stuck in Bottom Right Hand Corner: So I’ve been trying to fix this problem on and off for about a day. I don’t really know how it started by my cursor jumped to the bottom corner of my screen. When I try to move it it flickers back to the same spot. I can’t go very far before it goes back to the same spot. The...
  9. Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen: I use an acer Aspire, running windows 10 since 2015, never had any issues. About 8 to 10 weeks ago I needed to press the space bar to boot up or the computer does not get past the acer opening screen. This fault is random but does occur about 90% of the time when I boot...
  10. Mouse cursor keeps getting stuck in bottom right corner of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor keeps getting stuck in bottom right corner of screen: My mouse keeps going to the bottom right corner of the screen. My touchpad works just fine, but whenever I move my mouse the cursor instantly goes to the bottom right and I have no clue how to fix this. I've had this mouse for a while and this problem happened out of nowhere....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamecube drags player 4 curser to bottom right of screen

2. cursor goes to bottom of page

3. mouse cursor moves to the bottom of the screen

4. how to see mail dragged to bottom of the screen,
  5. Move cursor to right bottom corner of Window machine,
  6. CURSOR AT BOTTOM OF SCREEN