Windows 10: Cursor is freezing

Discus and support Cursor is freezing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I seem to have the cursor stick/freeze quite a lot. I googled for info and was told to go to the Control Panel and so on. I can't find the control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DILCIA1, Jul 13, 2020.

1. DILCIA1 Win User

Cursor is freezing

I seem to have the cursor stick/freeze quite a lot. I googled for info and was told to go to the Control Panel and so on. I can't find the control panel! Can some one tell where it is? I have Windows 10 on a new Dell laptop. Sorry but I had to guess filling in where this should be posted!

:)

DILCIA1, Jul 13, 2020
  2. LexGrant Win User

Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

Hi,

The cursor on my laptop freezes every few seconds when I move it. This happens with both my bluetooth mouse and my inbuilt touchpad. I know the laptop is freezing and not just the cursor because if I run an app with a progress bar it also freezes at the same time as the cursor. The freezing only seems to happen when I move the cursor.

The freezing is just momentary (like it pauses for a second and then goes on as normal). I do not have to do anything to get it to unfreeze.

I have tried re-installing the drivers for mouse and touch pad.

I have defragged and cleaned up the HD.

I have tried doing a system restore but just get an error (I only have 1 restore point because I stupidly deleted them to create space I didnt need in case it was a space issue).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

LexGrant, Jul 13, 2020
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Cursor is freezing

Hanging cursor

Hi,

There are several reasons why the cursor doesn't respond. One of which is due to a faulty pointing device. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does the whole system freeze or just the cursor?
    • Are you using the laptop's touchpad or an external pointing device?
    • Were there any changes made to your laptop prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Cursor is freezing

1. Cursor is freezing - Similar Threads - Cursor freezing

2. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  3. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  4. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11: I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the cursor is to restart the laptop, which is very inconvenient and time-consuming. I have tried updating and reinstalling the...
  5. Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11

Cursor freezing issue on Windows 11: I am writing to report a problem with my laptop. The cursor freezes randomly, and I can only use the keyboard to navigate. The only way to unfreeze the cursor is to restart the laptop, which is very inconvenient and time-consuming. I have tried updating and reinstalling the...
  6. Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze: My laptop freezes within seconds of logging in to Windows 10. My cursor won't work. Sometimes ctrl, alt, delete turns off, othertimes, I have to unplug and remove battery for it to shut down...
  7. Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze

Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze: My laptop freezes within seconds of logging in to Windows 10. My cursor won't work. Sometimes ctrl, alt, delete turns off, othertimes, I have to unplug and remove battery for it to shut down...
  8. Within seconds of logging into Windows 10, my laptop and cursor freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.: Hi, guys.My mouse cursor and keyboard freeze randomly while Windows 11 processes and apps keep running. I can see the clock showing live time, if I'm in a game, it continues to run but I can't move my cursor or use my keyboard. I can only force shut down laptop from Power...
  10. Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.

Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.: Hi, guys.My mouse cursor and keyboard freeze randomly while Windows 11 processes and apps keep running. I can see the clock showing live time, if I'm in a game, it continues to run but I can't move my cursor or use my keyboard. I can only force shut down laptop from Power...