Windows 10: Cursor Issues, Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Cursor Issues, Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1903 Lately, with all windows 10 versions, even upon recovery/restore/reinstall, i have cursor issues, where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bnthomason, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Cursor Issues, Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1903

Lately, with all windows 10 versions, even upon recovery/restore/reinstall, i have cursor issues, where the cursor will freeze and not move, even though i move my mouse. It happens at random intervals, and I'm worried that this may happen when I use a graphics tablet and mess up my drawing techniques. I've replaced the battery in my mouse, replaced the mouse, updated the drivers to the latest update, changed to a more suitable driver, etc. I've even contacted microsoft support a few times, but never been able to get them to resolve this, even through using remote desktop.

I don't know what to do at this point, can't really draw precisely if the cursor is doing this. It's also very annoying.

:)

bnthomason, Jan 7, 2020

2. Issues with the cursor on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the cursor on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the cursor settings prior to this issue?

Follow these steps to make changes to the mouse pointer settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Devices and click on Mouse and Touchpad.

If need be then you may also click on additional mouse options to make necessary changes.

Once this is done close all windows and restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Cursor Issues, Windows 10 Pro

Cursor issue when multitasking; Multitaksing window issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following query:

• What steps did you try to fix the issue?
    I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Undo Show all windows side by side.
    I would also suggest you to refer the link below check if it helps.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Cursor Issues, Windows 10 Pro

1. Cursor Issues, Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Cursor Issues Pro

2. Cursor issue Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor issue Windows 10 pc: Cursor regularly ignores position where ‘clicked’ and goes elsewhere. For example, returns to start of a line when trying to add text and, on Home Screen, ignores selected icon and goes to first icon on the screen. Same outcome with either a usb or Bluetooth mouse . Windows...
  3. Cursor issue Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor issue Windows 10 pc: Cursor regularly ignores position where ‘clicked’ and goes elsewhere. For example, returns to start of a line when trying to add text and, on Home Screen, ignores selected icon and goes to first icon on the screen. Same outcome with either a usb or Bluetooth mouse . Windows...
  4. Cursor issue Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CURSOR ISSUE

in Windows 10 Customization
    CURSOR ISSUE: When i type codes in VS 2019, my cursor selects a complete letter instead getting placed in between of 2 letters.Basically, taking an example of the words : "MICROSOFT"Now, if I want to erase or backspace the letter C then I'd simply click my cursor between C & R, and then...
  6. Cursor Issue

Cursor Issue: how to fix cursor moving by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-issue/d1d53055-d499-40e5-a6ee-9db4418c89a8
  7. Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Issues: Hi, I am currently facing issues with my mouse cursor. The cursor is inaccurate when it is pointing and when I am using excel it doesn't switch to the resizing icon when I am at the cell divider. Tried: 1. Performed Windows Update Done but didnt work; 2. Updated Mouse...
  8. Default Cursor Speed in Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default Cursor Speed in Windows 10 Pro.: I wanted to lower the cursor speed in my windows PC and lowered the mouse sensitivity. But now i want it back to normal. It is set to 6 right now. it can be set from 1-20. what is the default speed. Please help! submitted by /u/hamad_godzilla [link] [comments]...
  9. Cursor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor issue: hey yall! I just have a small little question that maybe one of you will be able to help out with. So in honor of Reckful's passing (RIP), i wanted to use his cursor but add my own twist to it which was changing the color of the cursor. I finally got the cursor to work and it...
  10. Windows 10 Cursor Issues

Windows 10 Cursor Issues: My laptop, Windows 10, is up to date. Since the last update a few days ago, my cursor freezes. It disappears, cannot be located, and the only way I can manipulate it is via touch screen. I ordinarily use a touchpad along with the touchscreen. Is anyone else experiencing...