Windows 10: cursor jump

Discus and support cursor jump in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by margaret1234567, Dec 3, 2020.

1. cursor jump

I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to type Microsoft Community and sometimes I will get something like MicrosCommuoft unity. That is the worst part. Next worst is that if I even hover my thumb over the keypad, I am whisked away to whatever website the cursor happened to be on. And as another example, I had a heck of a time moving upward on the list of Windows Versions that appeared bleow this message box, without the "ghost" clicking on a version I didn't want to choose. The problems have grown worse over time. I hope you can help before I throw this thing in the river. Thank you

:)

margaret1234567, Dec 3, 2020

2. Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Cursor jumps

I did a factory reset on my computer and am using an entirely different, wired mouse and the cursor is STILL jumping to the top left.

Any suggestions what it could be? Or what to do now? Thank you.

Mary StewartLyda, Dec 3, 2020
  4. cursor jump

Cursor jumps

I did a factory reset on my computer and am using an entirely different, wired mouse and the cursor is STILL jumping to the top left.

Any suggestions what it could be? Or what to do now? Thank you.

Mary StewartLyda, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

cursor jump

1. cursor jump - Similar Threads - cursor jump

2. Why is my cursor jumping all over my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my cursor jumping all over my screen?: Every hour or two that my computer is on, my cursor starts jumping around the screen and clicking randomly. It appears to be a touchpad issue as I can turn off the touchpad to make it stop moving, and then use a mouse just fine. I thought that the problem might be dust either...
  3. Why is my cursor jumping all over my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my cursor jumping all over my screen?: Every hour or two that my computer is on, my cursor starts jumping around the screen and clicking randomly. It appears to be a touchpad issue as I can turn off the touchpad to make it stop moving, and then use a mouse just fine. I thought that the problem might be dust either...
  4. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  5. Cursor jumping around in excel

Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  6. Why does my cursor jump all over my message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cursor jump all over my message?: The cursor doesn’t stay ahead of the letters. The cursor moves ahead of the type as it should. Then it suddenly jumps to a previous sentence or word and my message gets messed up. Why does this happen? Dell laptop, Windows 10 and 11....
  7. Why does my cursor jump all over my message?

Why does my cursor jump all over my message?: The cursor doesn’t stay ahead of the letters. The cursor moves ahead of the type as it should. Then it suddenly jumps to a previous sentence or word and my message gets messed up. Why does this happen? Dell laptop, Windows 10 and 11....
  8. Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen: I've been worried about this for a while since when I use the browser the cursor teleports to the top left and starts clicking whatever is in there. Additionally, I usually get a Windows notification from Opera when this happens which is the browser I use asking me for...
  9. Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen

Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen: I've been worried about this for a while since when I use the browser the cursor teleports to the top left and starts clicking whatever is in there. Additionally, I usually get a Windows notification from Opera when this happens which is the browser I use asking me for...
  10. Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging