Windows 10: Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions

Discus and support Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem where my mouse cursor jump around all over the place when I click on certain things. For example: When I have windows open on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pongo abelii, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions

Hello

I have a problem where my mouse cursor jump around all over the place when I click on certain things.
    For example:

When I have windows open on both screens and I minimize one, the cursor jumps to the other screen
    When I click on start button the cursor jumps to the middle of the start menu
    When I right click on an icon on the task bar, the cursor jump to the middle, or corner, of the menu, or jumps, but doesn't actually open the menu
    Sometimes when I right click on icons in the tray, the cursor jumps to the edge of the screen and the menu closes
    When I click on other tray icons, like the network button for example, the cursor jump to the upper left corner of the menu

There are more cases, but you get the idea. I've already googled every imaginable iteration of the problem I can think of without any luck. Most results deal with laptops or faulty drivers/hardware. Tried uninstalling mouse drivers, looking over mouse settings, trying different usb ports and mice, etc. The "Snap to" option is not set in settings or in the registry. Ran Windows in safe mode and the issue still persists, so it has to be something with Windows itself. The problem manifested itself first after one of the more recent updates, I think it was the Anniversary Edition. It feels like some sort of "feature". I hope someone can help because I'm starting to lose my mind here. Never in my 32 years have I actually had to ask for help on computers on the internet over something like this. It's probably something really stupid that is obvious to everyone else, but I just can't see it.

Windows build 19042.685, desktop.

:)

Pongo abelii, Dec 13, 2020

2. Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Dec 13, 2020
  3. cursor pause and jump (mouse and touchpad)

Hi Spencer,

Let us try to resolve your concern with the performance of your cursor. We suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Arun B J in this thread.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Thagstrom Win User

Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions

cursor jumping

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

When does the cursor jump? Is it all the time, only at certain times, etc?

The first step I would try is to uninstall any mouse/trackpad drivers from device manager, restart then reinstall them if needed.

Looks like this is a touchscreen laptop. Make sure the screen is clean. If it continues to happen then disable the touchscreen in device manager under "Human interface devices" and see if it continues to happen or not.

Let me know!

Thagstrom, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions

1. Cursor jumping around when performing certain actions - Similar Threads - Cursor jumping around

2. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  3. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  4. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  5. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  6. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  7. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.: This mouse error started on January 4th, I bought this HP laptop and first used it on December 17th, 2019. There were no cursor problems at all between December 17th and January 3rd, so, I am fairly certain that this problem was the result of using the internet and...
  9. Cursor jumps around randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...
  10. Cursor Jumping around after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor Jumping around after an update: After an update on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 device my cursor is jumping around. Has anyone experienced this and got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-jumping-around-after-an-update/0e3a0a11-8583-40e8-9918-a8ce6cd96fc2