Windows 10: Cursor jumps about

Discus and support Cursor jumps about in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My cursor jumps about whilst typing I have tried to turn off touch pad on my SONY VGN-FW56E... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mellow154BK, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Cursor jumps about

My cursor jumps about whilst typing I have tried to turn off touch pad on my SONY VGN-FW56E

:)

mellow154BK, Aug 24, 2018

2. Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Cursor jumps around

Hi,

My cursor jumps around and is causing all kinds of typing errors in Word, Web apps (i.e., Facebook) and desktop apps (i.e., Evernote). Here's an example:

It's driving me cray ! No, I did not intentionaly mispell these words. y cursor did it for me. Mslz

Do you notice all the mis-spelled words? I typed it perfectly and Windows did the rest. Whenever I type the letter "y", my cursor jumps back a space (before the 'y'). It pushes the letter before the y to the end of my typing. Do you notice the "Mslz" at
    the end?

• The 'z' is from cra(z)y
    • The 'l' is from intentional(l)y
    • The 's' is from mis(s)pell
    • The 'M' is from (M)y

Sometimes the cursor jumps to the next line and elsewhere on the page. This example above is just one instance and it's driving me insane! Can someone please help?

MarkSeward617, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Cursor jumps about

cursor pause and jump (mouse and touchpad)

Hi Spencer,

Let us try to resolve your concern with the performance of your cursor. We suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Arun B J in this thread.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Cursor jumps about

1. Cursor jumps about - Similar Threads - Cursor jumps

2. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  3. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  4. Why does my cursor jump all over my message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my cursor jump all over my message?: The cursor doesn’t stay ahead of the letters. The cursor moves ahead of the type as it should. Then it suddenly jumps to a previous sentence or word and my message gets messed up. Why does this happen? Dell laptop, Windows 10 and 11....
  5. Why does my cursor jump all over my message?

Why does my cursor jump all over my message?: The cursor doesn’t stay ahead of the letters. The cursor moves ahead of the type as it should. Then it suddenly jumps to a previous sentence or word and my message gets messed up. Why does this happen? Dell laptop, Windows 10 and 11....
  6. Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen: I've been worried about this for a while since when I use the browser the cursor teleports to the top left and starts clicking whatever is in there. Additionally, I usually get a Windows notification from Opera when this happens which is the browser I use asking me for...
  7. Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen

Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen: I've been worried about this for a while since when I use the browser the cursor teleports to the top left and starts clicking whatever is in there. Additionally, I usually get a Windows notification from Opera when this happens which is the browser I use asking me for...
  8. Cursor starts ramdomly jumping to the top left of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  10. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...