Windows 10: Cursor jumps and clicks

Discus and support Cursor jumps and clicks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have seen a lot of posts on this problem and it has been around for a long time. I have been a Windows user since 3.0 and used CPM and DOS before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HardwareMan, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Cursor jumps and clicks

I have seen a lot of posts on this problem and it has been around for a long time. I have been a Windows user since 3.0 and used CPM and DOS before that. Never had this problem until middle of last year.

My mouse cursor will suddenly jump to upper left corner and click. I have lost games or had a new game started, had web pages closed for no reason, or if visible, had recycle bin open.

Things I have tried:
    I have run SFC with no problems found.
    I have done a complete fresh install.
    I have done a complete virus scan with Windows Defender.
    I have uninstalled old mouse and keyboard and bought new ones.

Under old posts I have seen where this could be caused by touchpads. This is a desktop and does not have one.
    All updates have been installed. This is an older system (Vista) but as I said above, I have a total clean install of W10. This problem is very frustrating. Any suggestions?
    HP 610-1280qd
    New mouse and keyboard are Logitech wireless

:)

HardwareMan, Jan 18, 2018
  2. TheFox22 Win User

Cursor jumps to upper left corner and clicks

OK, I have done due diligence and searched this topic. I see posts for Win7, Win8, for Surface tablets and docking stations. None fit my situation. I have an HP 610-1280qd. I had done a clean install of W10 when it was first released and have done all
    updates since then with current W10 Pro build 15063. I have never had a problem until the past month. Using a Logitech USB mouse and keyboard. The cursor will automatically jump to upper left corner and click. I find myself on a new webpage or in a new game.
    Very frustrating and happening several times a day. Seems to be more frequent every day. I have found that even with the mouse turned off, it will still happen. I have run SFC and found no problems. Why did this just start to happen and are there any fixes?

TheFox22, Jan 18, 2018
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Cursor suddenly jumps and clicks to show desktop button/shut down button of an active app/ the start button

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes before the issue occur?

Try to start your computer in to
    Safe Mode
    . Check if the issue still persists. This will help us isolate your concern.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jan 18, 2018
  4. Win10Pro Win User

Cursor jumps and clicks

Does it also happen in Safe Mode?
    Did the problem appear the moment you installed a fresh copy of Win 10 or after installing third-party apps?

Win10Pro, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

Cursor jumps and clicks

1. Cursor jumps and clicks - Similar Threads - Cursor jumps clicks

2. Mouse cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor jumping: I have a new mouse. but the problem is its cursor on the screen is erratic. What should i Do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-jumping/e00d5256-5ae7-4d78-8ef4-3ddb30b9c9a3
  3. touchpad jumping cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad jumping cursor: I used my touchpad in my Lenovo laptop and whenever I hover it either on what any page open it will jump on place to another. Something like someone is also controlling it. I have anti virus program so I doubt it is a virus. Also, I tried to use Bluetooth mouse to see if...
  4. cursor jump

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor jump: I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to type Microsoft Community and sometimes I will get something like MicrosCommuoft unity. That is the worst part. Next worst...
  5. Random Cursor Jumping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Cursor Jumping: I just purchased a brand new Dell XPS 13 7390 that has Windows 10 Home. It has been a great device thus far until the cursor became sporadic. It has a mind of its own loving to jump mainly within the same line but also throughout other lines. It keeps getting worse and worse...
  6. cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor jumping: Acer v3-572p with Windows 10. Cursor jumps to upper right corner of screen. What's going on? Nobody seems to have the answer. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem. How do I troubleshoot the computer to find and fix?...
  7. jumping cursor

jumping cursor: I have had my Acer Aspire v3-572p computer for years and have had no problems. Just this week I have noticed that the cursor is jumping to the upper right corner. I have several icons in that corner and the cursor will select one of them and open it. I have Windows 10...
  8. Cursor jumps

Cursor jumps: Hi, My cursor jumps to the top of the screen, taking me out of windows etc. Four Microsoft people have remotely tried to fix it and no success. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  9. Cursor jumps about

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor jumps about: My cursor jumps about whilst typing I have tried to turn off touch pad on my SONY VGN-FW56E https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cursor-jumps-about/e88dd91d-bae5-4f0b-b405-c0afff423edc
  10. Jumping cursor

Jumping cursor: Why does my cursor keeping jumping, sometimes my text gets highlighted then deletes. This happens in all programs that have text writing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/jumping-cursor/17c969aa-8caf-4ef7-99de-7b2740648855