Windows 10: Cursor "jumps" or "freezes" 2x per second. Happens even on login screen after restart. Does...

Discus and support Cursor "jumps" or "freezes" 2x per second. Happens even on login screen after restart. Does... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HollywoodScotty [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HollywoodScotty, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Cursor "jumps" or "freezes" 2x per second. Happens even on login screen after restart. Does...

/u/HollywoodScotty, Mar 24, 2021
  2. MicroZo Win User

Cursor freezes and then jumps to where it should be

Ever since I connected a TV to my laptop for the first time, my cursor has been acting up. Even when I disconnect the TV, it still does it. What happens is every few seconds my cursor freezes, and then jumps to the spot it should be. This can get fairly
    annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Home 62 bit

4 GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.09GHz

MicroZo, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    cursor jumping

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

When does the cursor jump? Is it all the time, only at certain times, etc?

The first step I would try is to uninstall any mouse/trackpad drivers from device manager, restart then reinstall them if needed.

Looks like this is a touchscreen laptop. Make sure the screen is clean. If it continues to happen then disable the touchscreen in device manager under "Human interface devices" and see if it continues to happen or not.

Let me know!

Thagstrom, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Cursor "jumps" or "freezes" 2x per second. Happens even on login screen after restart. Does...

Bubbles on touch screen and cursor jumps around

Hello Michael,

Bubbles and cursor jumping on your Windows 10 laptop can be due to outdated drivers. Having said that, we suggest performing the methods below and see if it makes any difference.

Method 1:

We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Check for the issue, if it persists move to next method.

Method 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the Human Interface Devices driver and check the issue.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Human Interface Devices and expand it.
    • Right click on the Touchscreen and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. Windows will install the generic drives after you restart.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Cursor "jumps" or "freezes" 2x per second. Happens even on login screen after restart. Does...

1. Cursor "jumps" or "freezes" 2x per second. Happens even on login screen after restart. Does... - Similar Threads - Cursor jumps freezes

2. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  3. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  4. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Even after a restart this has been happening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even after a restart this has been happening: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DuhVirus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mq5yzx/even_after_a_restart_this_has_been_happening/
  6. Cursor freezes and/or jumps around erratically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor freezes and/or jumps around erratically: Ever since I downloaded the most recent Microsoft upgrade in Sept or Oct 2019, my cursor using my touchpad freezes all the time and/or jumps around closing tabs and opening tabs. I have tried every "fix" suggestion online that I could find but nothing has helped. Please...
  7. Restarted 2x now and it still does this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarted 2x now and it still does this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thehamburger999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ea696i/restarted_2x_now_and_it_still_does_this/
  8. Black screen with cursor after login?

Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  9. Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart

Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart: So I restarted my pc yesterday by accident and when it starts it suddenly freezes at the login screen. I login automatically so I have the spinning dots but they just freeze at some point. This isnt the first time this happened but I don't know how to fix it. I can login...
  10. Welcome screen "jumping" after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome screen "jumping" after restart: Hi everyone. I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM, nvidia 930MX). Recently, I observed two problems on my system: 1. Windows isn't sleeping. Even after I press the sleep...