Windows 10: Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

Discus and support Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillKubat, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BillKubat Win User

Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand corner and I'm stuck; it easily corrects by opening and closing the laptop lid -albeit a minor burr but a burr. I've recently replaced the keyboard and mouse (Logitech), upgraded to latest version of Windows 10 and downloaded key function driver from Toshiba. Still have the problem with about the same frequency - not every time but 3-4 times a day. Thank you!

:)

BillKubat, Jul 13, 2019
  2. DCPaul Win User

Cursor /pointer jumping right upper corner

Having weird problem on my Dell Inspiron 15 s 5000.... The Cursor is jumping on right upper corner. Can't use laptop at all.

Applied many solutions from Internet and didn't help at all. So far,

1) made changes on points settings from mouse properties,

2) updated TouchPad drivers,

3) installed touch freeze app,

4) updated graphics drivers,

5) updated BIOS too,

6) uninstaller many apps, and finally

7) formatted hard drives and reinstalled windows...

Made no difference.....

Any help would greatly appreciated.

DCPaul, Jul 13, 2019
  3. DCPaul Win User
    Cursor /pointer jumping right upper corner

I uninstalled all drivers listed under mouse from Device Manager and restarted the computer. It works without any problem for few minutes and then the problem started again. I checked the Device Manager and saw all the drivers that I uninstalled were back.

I think Dell's touchpad driver has a bug causing this problem and conflicting with other drivers.

I don't know how to block windows from updating Dell's Drivers. However, I found disabling Touchscreen helped. It didn't resolve the problem, the cursor/pointer still there at upper right corner but it is hidden behind disabled Touchscreen.

DCPaul, Jul 13, 2019
  4. JohnHine Win User

Cursor jumping to left upper corner of screen

OK done, I've updated my operating system to OS Build 14393.321.

Over the last 4 hours, I've only observed the cursor jump twice to the left upper corner. Compared to ever other second, I can live with that.

Thank you.

JH

JohnHine, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner - Similar Threads - Cursor jumps upper

2. Mouse Curser moving diagonally up and over to the upper right hand corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Curser moving diagonally up and over to the upper right hand corner: I have seen that other people have had this same/similar question. After reading some of the answers I was able to try a few things to get it to stop but I do not feel I have a solution to my problem.I have a Dell XPS 8900 Desktop that runs Win 10 Pro and I have been very...
  3. Cursor jumps to top right corner of screen and closes window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor jumps to top right corner of screen and closes window: Hey all, This problem has been affecting my Windows 10 laptop for years.It happens whether I am using my USB mouse or just using the touch pad. It seems to happen more often perhaps only when I am just running on battery power and the power cord is disconnected from the PC....
  4. Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.

Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.: How do I find "Disable internal pointing devices when external USB" on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cursor-jumping-to-upper-left-corner/e064beb1-0ede-4e45-b512-6e381060b1d6
  5. pointer jumps to upper right corner

pointer jumps to upper right corner: My computer is a Surface Book 3 running the latest version of Windows 10. The pointer just started jumping to the upper right corner of the screen. It happens with the Arc Mouse or with the touch pad. If I disconnect the screen from the keyboard the mouse work fine, no...
  6. Mouse cursor jumping to bottom right corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor jumping to bottom right corner: My mouse cursor keeps jumping to the bottom right corner of the screen, either opening the language bar, the calendar, the notifications or the tab that brings you back to your desktop. The time between each jump is completely random, and the consistency is different each...
  7. Cursor stuck in Bottom Right Hand Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor stuck in Bottom Right Hand Corner: So I’ve been trying to fix this problem on and off for about a day. I don’t really know how it started by my cursor jumped to the bottom corner of my screen. When I try to move it it flickers back to the same spot. I can’t go very far before it goes back to the same spot. The...
  8. Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen

Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen: Back in June my mouse pointer suddenly began jumping to the upper left hand corner of my Surface Pro 4 screen and flashing there in a touch bubble. I sometimes had some control over the mouse so I could move it and click on icons while the pointer was still flashing in the...
  9. right hand corner ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    right hand corner ads: I am suddenly getting ads in the lower right hand corner of my screen. How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-hand-corner-ads/34335ffa-ba2a-4e75-bed3-1facef832c78"
  10. Microsoft arc mouse cursor jumping to right corner repeatedly

Microsoft arc mouse cursor jumping to right corner repeatedly: I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10. In both Edge and Chrome, cursor jumps to the right corner repeatedly. I have changed batteries , cleaned the mouse, restarted … All of the above didn't help What can be the cause? Is there something to do about the problem? Thank...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor stuck in upper right hand corner

2. cursor right corner

3. windows 10 cursor jumps ot right corner

4. cursor move upper left and right,
  5. mouse pointer stuck in upper right,
  6. windows 10 cursor jumps to upper right hand corner ,
  7. cursor jumps to top right corner,
  8. cursor jumps to right,
  9. park the laptop pointer,
  10. mouse pointer stuck in upper left corner 2019