Windows 10: Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

Discus and support Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Also, when I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EarlArmstrong1, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

EarlArmstrong1, Oct 7, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Jumping cursor

Why does my cursor keeping jumping, sometimes my text gets highlighted then deletes. This happens in all programs that have text writing.

ChrisThomas58, Oct 7, 2018
  4. ct5098 Win User

Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

1. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text. - Similar Threads - Cursor jumps while

2. issue with text cursor jump at end while pressing space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue with text cursor jump at end while pressing space: I have encountered involves the text cursor movement while typing. Whenever I press the spacebar in the middle of a sentence, the cursor automatically jumps to the end of the sentence. I have thoroughly checked the software settings and keyboard settings, but the problem...
  3. issue with text cursor jump at end while pressing space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    issue with text cursor jump at end while pressing space: I have encountered involves the text cursor movement while typing. Whenever I press the spacebar in the middle of a sentence, the cursor automatically jumps to the end of the sentence. I have thoroughly checked the software settings and keyboard settings, but the problem...
  4. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  5. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  6. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  7. Highlighting Text is Opaque

Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  8. highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  9. Highlighting text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  10. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor jumps while highlighting text

2. windows 2010 cursor highlighting jumps around