Windows 10: Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'.

Discus and support Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so theres a lot of things that affect this. Sometimes when i use any kind of browser, i get a window pop up in the background saying "a script on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DylanMoore2, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'.

Ok so theres a lot of things that affect this. Sometimes when i use any kind of browser, i get a window pop up in the background saying "a script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly". No matter if i stop it or ignore it it will ask again later and eventually my cursor keeps on blinking with the hourglass sign (or busy sign). That was the first problem. Also, when i try to run a game or something then the cursor will flicker as busy and then back but less often (usually every 5-10s). This is really annoying as it unselects text when i am typing. I am on a Lenovo Ideapad 510s with windows 10 if that helps at all. If anyone knows any way to fix this please tell me.

:)

DylanMoore2, Feb 2, 2019
  2. larryn69 Win User

Blinking busy cursor in Windows 10

My cursor stays constantly busy and the circle keeps blinking which in turn makes it difficult to enter info and websites into browser fields. Keeps on erasing what I type cause it's constantly busy or backspacing. Please help me with solutions.

larryn69, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Blinking busy cursor in Windows 10

Hello,

I realize that I am responding to LA's issue with a "Blinking busy cursor in Windows 10" that is a very old posting, but, I post this because I think this may be, or will become an issue for some others using Win 10 at any given time.

I am responding to this issue, that I too had, and was trying to resolve since a Microsoft update back 6-8 months ago.

I found a resolution for the "blinking cursor" while trying to fix another completely different Win 10 issue.

I have had an ongoing issue with the older of my PC's, that being, it keeps loosing/dropping it's internet connection every 2-3 minutes.

I have been dealing with this issue off and on (mostly ongoing...) since updating to Win 10 last year.

This issue isn't just irritating like some issues, but
    a really Major issue!

So, whenever I have the time, I come and read what I can in the Microsoft Community for possible fixes.

I try one by one of the suggested steps to others and find that in my one older PC's case, the suggestions/instructions just have
    not resolved the Wifi Internet connection issue, yet.

My other PC, lost all form of Wi-fi with a Microsoft update late last year, and I had to go to using the alternative - Ethernet connection since I no longer have any of the necessaries for Wireless.

This issue, too causes to me to come here and watch to see if someone ever comes up with a solution.

I posted in this Forum, but no one ever offered a recommendation, let alone a solution to that issue.

So, I came across this "Network Adapter" help recommendation just recently, that I personally had not tried yet and, by fluke, after the reboot of my older troubled PC, behold, it fixed the blinking cursor issue unexpectedly.

At this time, I am still not sure what setting was causing this issue on my PC, as the results of the hardware scan via the Win 10 troubleshooter, were very vague and no recognizable particulars were mentioned that I could say....ah hah... to.

But it did, for now, resolve this blinking cursor issue.

I hope, in some way that this helps someone with the same issue or maybe even some other issue that is causing them PC distress.

Sometimes, we, who poke around with our PC's find resolutions in some very strange not necessarily related ways.

But if it does the job, that is a good thing!

The above mentioned issues is my reason for contributing as to what helped me with one ongoing/exasperating Win 10 issue.

Thank you and happy support to those who are in need!

Here is the one Microsoft suggestions as to fixing a network adapter problem, that ended up fixed by blinking cursor issue instead:

Most Helpful Reply

EK

Eeshwar Kumar replied on
    August 2, 2015
    Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'. [​IMG]

• Microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and also the steps performed to solve the issue.

I wouldsuggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

Run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

Follow the steps:

1. Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

2. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

3. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

4. Follow the On Screen instructions.

JEMMMARTIN, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'.

Cursor keeps flashing busy

Hi Matt

The blinking hourglass cursor indicates that a command is being executed, and the computer's CPU is in use. When you click on a program icon, the blinking hourglass will display while the computer works to open the
    program. In this scenario, the cursor is showing busy symbol when it is idle. This issue can be caused, if some application is running in the background or virus infection.

Step 1

To diagnose this issue, I would suggest you to place the computer in
    clean bootto check if any third party application is causing the issue. As clean
    boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “Reset the computer to start as usual” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 2

Also run virus scan using Microsoft Safety Scanner,
    which would help us to get rid of virus, spyware, and other malicious software.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'.

1. Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'. - Similar Threads - Cursor keeps blinking

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. Cursor Blinking Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Blinking Problem: Hi i am facing cursor blinking problem in my window 10 OS. I tried many method which are available on google but not able to solve it.. Please tell me the accuarte solution if you have Thank you.....
  4. Windows 10 Cursor keep blinking or flapping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Cursor keep blinking or flapping: Windows 10 cursor keep flashing or flapping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cursor-keep-blinking-or-flapping/b1f276ee-a46d-4146-920a-063e1d578a1f
  5. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  6. Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking: Hi In past weeks, perhaps after an update, there's a blue circle which is nearly constantly blinking except when the cursor is placed over a link. This incredibly distracting activity I think is meant to show the processor is working. I can't find where or how to stop it....
  7. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  8. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod busy cursor