Windows 10: Cursor keeps blinking in the address bar search menu after opening explorer or settings for...

Discus and support Cursor keeps blinking in the address bar search menu after opening explorer or settings for... in Cortana to solve the problem; This only happens after I boot up, goes away if I search something and go back or open explorer/settings again. Also goes away If I tab out to start &... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by H_K., Sep 22, 2019.

1. H_K. Win User

Cursor keeps blinking in the address bar search menu after opening explorer or settings for...

This only happens after I boot up, goes away if I search something and go back or open explorer/settings again. Also goes away If I tab out to start & open services.msc and tab back to that window.
    Doesn't go away if I open or do any other thing. And apparently, I can't select anything while the cursor is blinking in the address bar, for example opening a folder or select a setting.
    Please Help. Thank You.

:)

2. Yseurk Win User

Cursor stops blinking

Hello,

By the way it seems that there is a rate of blink about applications, you can check some of them over here :

Notepad Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Windows Explorer Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Total Commander Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Microsoft Office 2016 Cursor stops blinking after 30-32 blinks.
    Microsoft Edge, inside Google search box Cursor stops blinking after 10-11 blinks.
    Microsoft Edge, inside URL bar Cursor stops blinking after 5-6 blinks.
    Firefox (in URL bar, also inside web pages) The cursor did not stop after 50 blinks. Seems to work OK.

Just tried on my new computer (Windows 10) and it's the same of Worpad, maybe it's just normal *Smile

Yseurk, Sep 22, 2019
  3. MajorCFO Win User
    Cannot type in Edge address bar or search box

I have tried several different adjustments, but I cannot type anything into the Edge address bar or search box. I get the blinking cursor, but it will not accept anything. Any suggestions on how to use this beast?

MajorCFO, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Cursor keeps blinking in the address bar search menu after opening explorer or settings for...

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Cursor keeps blinking in the address bar search menu after opening explorer or settings for...

1. Cursor keeps blinking in the address bar search menu after opening explorer or settings for... - Similar Threads - Cursor keeps blinking

2. File explorer address bar repeatedly opening and closing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer address bar repeatedly opening and closing: Whilst browsing file explorer, on the address bar, the 'Previous Locations' down arrow icon will select and repeatedly open and close. I can stop it by pressing any random key on the keyboard, but it will eventually start up again a few seconds later. Is there any way to fix...
  3. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...
  4. Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor keeps blinking as if it were 'busy'.: Ok so theres a lot of things that affect this. Sometimes when i use any kind of browser, i get a window pop up in the background saying "a script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly". No matter if i stop it or ignore it it will ask again later and...
  5. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  6. Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking: Hi In past weeks, perhaps after an update, there's a blue circle which is nearly constantly blinking except when the cursor is placed over a link. This incredibly distracting activity I think is meant to show the processor is working. I can't find where or how to stop it....
  7. blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  8. cursor blinking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...