Windows 10: Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on

Discus and support Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I leave my pc for about 10 minutes, the mouse cursor will disappear and disconnect, however my mouse lights up when it's connected to a USB port and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nightmarescenario224, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on

If I leave my pc for about 10 minutes, the mouse cursor will disappear and disconnect, however my mouse lights up when it's connected to a USB port and the light stays on, light goes off when I take it out of the USB port. I bought my keyboard and mouse in a set and the keyboard is fine

I've disabled the turn device off to save power on Device Manage and can't think of another way that could fix this and before I light my mouse on fire

submitted by /u/nightmarescenario224
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nightmarescenario224, Jan 10, 2020

2. Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? hard to tell what I am doing

Hi, Last

My name is Milagros, Independent Advisor

If your mouse pointer or cursor disappears or has gone misisng on your Windows 10 PC then if you earlier enabled the Show location of pointer when I press Ctrl key option, then you may press the CTRL key to make te pointer appear. ... Open Control Panel > Mouse
    > Pointer Options

Solution 1. Use Windows Function Keys to Get the Disappearing Cursor Back in Windows 10

The installation of Windows 10 may disable the function of your mouse cursor, causing the mouse pointer missing on Windows 10. If that’s the case, it could be possibly resolved by pressing the Windows function keys on your keyboard.

Depending on your keyboard and mouse model, the Windows keys you should hit are varying from one to another. Thus you may try the following combinations to make your disappearing cursor back to visible in Windows 10: Fn + F3 / Fn + F5 / Fn + F9 / Fn + F11.

If using the Fn keys to retrieve the missing cursor doesn’t work for bringing the mouse cursor back, there could be some errors with your mouse driver in Windows 10. Since upgrading Windows OS sometimes leads to driver or software compatibility issue. To fit
    Windows 10 with the compatible mouse drivers, you might as well roll back your mouse driver or update it.

Solution 2. Update the Mouse Driver to Fix the Missing Cursor in Windows 10

Step 1. Press Windows + R keys altogether to bring out the Run box.

Step 2. Type devmgmt.msc and then hit Enter to open Device Manager

Step 3. Press Tab to switch to devices list.

Step 4. Use arrow keys to scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices and use the right arrow key to expand it.

Step 5. Use the down arrow key to select your mouse device.

Step 6. Press Shift + F10 open the context menu.

Step 7. Choose Update driver with arrow keys and hit Enter.

Step 8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions to finish the updates and then check whether the lost cursor or mouse not working issue persists on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop PC.

Good luck..

MilagrosM2020, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Last Bit Win User
    Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? hard to tell what I am doing

Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? website is no help

Last Bit, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on

Mouse cursor disappearing

Whenever I close my windows 10 laptop, my mouse cursor disappears. Without a cursor I can't click on anything. Is their any way to prevent it from disappearing?

dmendoza2987, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on

1. Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on - Similar Threads - Cursor keeps disappearing

2. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.: i have tried uninstalling drivers and restarting to let windows reinstall them, i have tried updating drivers manually nothing is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-cursor-keeps-disappearing-if-it-isnt/35fca579-5a92-4716-8fcb-718ba2ade923
  3. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.: i have tried uninstalling drivers and restarting to let windows reinstall them, i have tried updating drivers manually nothing is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-cursor-keeps-disappearing-if-it-isnt/35fca579-5a92-4716-8fcb-718ba2ade923
  4. Cursor / Mouse disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor / Mouse disappeared: My cursor has completely disappeared from my computer. I have shut down, restarted my computer but it won't return. I can press control to locate it, but it does not show. I can sometimes move it around short distances but for the most part it won't respond....
  5. Cursor / Mouse disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor / Mouse disappeared: My cursor has completely disappeared from my computer. I have shut down, restarted my computer but it won't return. I can press control to locate it, but it does not show. I can sometimes move it around short distances but for the most part it won't respond....
  6. Mouse cursor disappears.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor disappears.: Just recently my cursor has started disappearing in games and in Win 10. I have tried what has been told to others to fix this but nothing i try makes a difference. It does what it wants....
  7. Mouse Cursor Disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Cursor Disappears: So I was using my computer for a few hours worked fine, turned it off and let it charge, when I turned it on again the mouse cursor disappeared, plugged in a wired mouse and it pops up, but when I unplug it, it disappeared again, someone help please. I’m on a laptop if that...
  8. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?: So a few weeks ago, I got this nice laptop. Runs great, and is overall a fine piece of machinery. The only downside after 3-4 days, my mouse cursor, while I'm asleep, just stops showing up. I do have a screensaver on, but usually when this happens, it doesn't show up either....
  9. Mouse cursor disappearing

Mouse cursor disappearing: Hello, I am using Win10 desktop with wired mouse; it's been working quite well for me until lately. I've had this Dell computer about 3 or so years, now. My mouse cursor has started to disappear at random times, only coming back when I rapidly move the mouse back and forth...
  10. My cursor keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My cursor keeps disappearing: It's more complicated than that. I have a laptop with an external monitor, the laptop goes into Extended Project once in a while on its own and I'll "loose" my cursor over there. I also have an Ubuntu computer that I have set up using a program called Synergy that allows me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse pointer disappears when still