Windows 10: Cursor lag when using external monitor

Discus and support Cursor lag when using external monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Razer Blade Pro 17 (GeForce GTX 1060) and am using a Dell U2715H Monitor here are the specs (I changes the refresh from my laptop display 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by adittt, May 6, 2019.

1. adittt Win User

Cursor lag when using external monitor

I have a Razer Blade Pro 17 (GeForce GTX 1060) and am using a Dell U2715H Monitor here are the specs (I changes the refresh from my laptop display 1 from 122 hz to 60 hz just in case that had something to do with my issue):

Cursor lag when using external monitor 9788ead0-11bb-45d9-b4db-38b7cd250f03?upload=true.jpg

I've been having occasional period of lag with the cursor. I mainly use a drawing tablet so this issue is affecting my work. It does seem to affect my mouse/touch pad as well. About once a day the cursor will jump slightly, which makes drawing fluidly more difficult. When I unplug my hdmi and use my laptop only, the issue goes away. When I plug my hdmi back in and use my monitor things are smooth for a few hours until the issue returns. I can provide more info, and advice would be greatly appreciated. Here is a preview of the lag described (note the straight lines):

Cursor lag when using external monitor db9ca557-bb6b-42e2-9a68-0b659b5df2d6?upload=true.jpg

:)

adittt, May 6, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 6, 2019
  3. Ivan Si Win User
    Mouse lag when laptop is hooked up to an external monitor

I have Asus laptop. I tried to reinstall mouse drivers with no result.

My mouse is lagging on built in display when I have connected external monitor through hdmi. Mouse is lagging only over windows desktop. Mouse is NOT lagging when it is over any window.

I have 4k display (build in), but I am using only full HD resolution. External monitor is only full HD.

EDIT: I find out that even video on that screen is lagging when I move mouse over desktop.

Ivan Si, May 6, 2019
  4. Joe_910 Win User

External monitor cursor behaviour

Hello,

I'm using extended screen from my Surface pro 3 on windows 10 to an external monitor. I'd like to control the Surface screen using only pen and touch, and have the cursor stay in place on the external screen to be controlled by the mouse. It's a bit inconvenient
    to drag it back across every time. Is there any way to do this?

Joe_910, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Cursor lag when using external monitor - Similar Threads - Cursor lag using

2. Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.: So recently I bought a new monitor, the ASUS Predator XB273 and since I don't have a PC yet, I connected my laptop, Asus Vivobook E406 and ever since I played a game with it, my FPS dropped down to 20, but when I disconnected the HDMI from my laptop I ran the game again and...
  3. Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.: So recently I bought a new monitor, the ASUS Predator XB273 and since I don't have a PC yet, I connected my laptop, Asus Vivobook E406 and ever since I played a game with it, my FPS dropped down to 20, but when I disconnected the HDMI from my laptop I ran the game again and...
  4. Lagging on my external monitor when gaming.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  6. BSOD when using any external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when using any external monitor: I am getting a BSOD pretty often and in different scenarios, on Windows 10 Home edition using an Acer laptop specs are at the end of the post. This ONLY occurs when I am using an external monitor I am usually on a Dell C2722DE but it happens on any external screen AND I do...
  7. CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR: lz help when i was moving my cursor the with touchpad or a additional mouse .the cursor lag for couple of seconds or when i was playing a video in my system or in youtube. the cursor is lag and a video is also lag for second plz help processor;AMD E2 -6110 APU with AMD...
  8. Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor

Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor: Hey Gang, I am new to Windows. I came from Apple. Last time I use Windows was Windows Vista. My question is. I have a Dell Laptop and Dell External Monitor. Is it possible for Windows to remember your window sizes when switching from laptop display to external display....
  9. Notifications not showing when using external monitor

Notifications not showing when using external monitor: Hi, I have a little problem about the notifications. My notifications are showing on my laptop screen(when I am using it), but not on my external monitor(only the number of notifications received, but when i click on action center, they disappear). I am always using one at a...
  10. lag when using laptop screen / good perf when using external monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    lag when using laptop screen / good perf when using external monitor: Dear all, I have a Dell Precision laptop (M4800) with 16 GB RAM and a big SSD. I have been struggling for ages with this bleeping w10 and have got to a stage where it does actually run very well ... if the comp is using a docking port and external monitor (in this case...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 lag with external monitor

2. surface laptop external mouse laggy with external monitr connected

3. razer lag external monitor

4. mouse lag to externsal montor,
  5. when using an external monitor on a lenovo t440p the mouse lags,
  6. lag when using external monitor,
  7. second monitor lagging windows 10,
  8. windows 1903 lag external.monitor,
  9. cursor lags when i connect a second monitor,
  10. lag mouse external monitor