Windows 10: Cursor lags when moving over hyperlinks

Discus and support Cursor lags when moving over hyperlinks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having an issue lately. My cursor sometimes will start to have a weird issue where it lags and becomes slow when hovering and moving over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pokemoneuro, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Cursor lags when moving over hyperlinks

Hi, I've been having an issue lately. My cursor sometimes will start to have a weird issue where it lags and becomes slow when hovering and moving over hyperlinks. This is usually resolved by restarting my pc, but it becomes frequent enough that it needs fixing. This is all data I can think of that might be of use here:

My mouse is a Asus ROG Chakram wireless I tested both wired and wireless, issue occurs still.

My monitor is a Samsung 1080p 240hz monitor.

This issue also occurs on both my other monitors, being 1080p60 and 1280x1024 60hz.

This issue occurs in all programs, from Firefox, to Chrome, to the default Mail app. If it's a hyperlink presumably using HTML then it makes the cursor lag.

It feels like the monitor's refresh rate is going back to something like 30hz, while also putting a large delay in. The difference between no issue and issue is very noticeable on the 240hz monitor. Less so on the 60hz one, but still noticeable and very annoying.

As stated before restarting the pc fixes the issue for a while.

I am using Windows 10 Education edition 64-bit version 20H2 build 19042.746. My CPU is an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x, using 128GB of DDR4 Ram by Gskill I don't bet that would be the issue. My GPU is a GTX 970. This PC has seen two Windows installs, both pretty much exactly the same, but this issue never occurred on the first one. I don't know what else to give.

:)

Pokemoneuro, Jan 24, 2021

2. CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR

lz help when i was moving my cursor the with touchpad or a additional mouse .the cursor lag for couple of seconds or when i was playing a video in my system or in youtube. the cursor is lag and a video is also lag for
    second plz help

processor;AMD E2 -6110 APU with AMD RADEON r2 GRAPHICS

1.50ghZ

INSTALLED MEMEORY; 4;00GB

nishantsingh8, Jan 24, 2021
  3. cursor lags

plz help when i was moving my cursor the with touchpad or a additional mouse .the cursor lag for couple of seconds or when i was playing a video in my system or in youtube. the cursor is lag and a video isalso lag for second plz help

nishantsingh8, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Cursor lags when moving over hyperlinks

Mouse cursor lag and slow down occasionally

Recently, I am encountering a mouse cursor lag problem on my PC (Win10)

The cursor occassionally lags when I move the mouse consistently

Demonstration:
    http://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Win10) and it worked perfectly fine, the cursor never lagged and movement is consistent.

Any suggestions?

Theresonly1cryo, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Cursor lags when moving over hyperlinks

1. Cursor lags when moving over hyperlinks - Similar Threads - Cursor lags moving

2. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  3. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  4. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cursor lag?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor lag?: when I move my cursor my new computer lags for a split second and I dont know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-lag/fef55238-230d-43b4-8756-6ed8d4ebb9d2
  6. cursor lag?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor lag?: when I move my cursor my new computer lags for a split second and I dont know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-lag/fef55238-230d-43b4-8756-6ed8d4ebb9d2
  7. CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CURSOR AND VIDEO LAG WHEN MOVING CURSOR: lz help when i was moving my cursor the with touchpad or a additional mouse .the cursor lag for couple of seconds or when i was playing a video in my system or in youtube. the cursor is lag and a video is also lag for second plz help processor;AMD E2 -6110 APU with AMD...
  8. cursor lags

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor lags: plz help when i was moving my cursor the with touchpad or a additional mouse .the cursor lag for couple of seconds or when i was playing a video in my system or in youtube. the cursor is lag and a video isalso lag for second plz help...
  9. Cursor moves when it shouldn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor moves when it shouldn't: On my laptop with Windows 10, the cursor sometimes moves to the location of the mouse pointer. It behaves like I'm accidently hitting a hot key to cause the move. I've researched Windows 10 hotkeys, but can't find one that makes this move. The problem does not happen on my...
  10. Move cursor over line item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move cursor over line item: I just converted to Windows 10 version 1903 from Windows 10 version 1809 and I have the following issue... When I right click on my desktop I get a menu of things I can do. When I move my cursor over any of the items the line stays white and it is hard to see that I picked...